1. Please share one middle school memory. It can be good, bad, ugly, funny. Pictures or words, I don't care, just share. Middle school. Back then it was Junior High and included grades 7 - 9. Memories of that era. Sheesh. I tried to forget. Okay, first day of school everyone gathered in the gym, sat on the floor and they would read off which class you were assigned. As your name was called you got up and left with the teacher. In grade 9, not only did none of my friends get called along with me for my class, but as I got up and was walking backwards desperately saying goodbye to my friends and making a quick plan where to meet later to talk of our first day troubles, I very ungracefully went head over heals backwards over top of a student who was minding their own business sitting on that gym floor. As the gym roared in laughter I caught sight of the teacher I was assigned to very exaggeratedly rolling his eyes. I could have died. Must have been very traumatic as I remember it well and it was the first thing that came to mind. These grades were very awkward for me.
2. What's your favorite Beatles song? Was never into the Beatles. The Monkee's were more my thing back then. But I've always really liked the song "Yesterday" and played it on my guitar quite often. I've always liked a haunting kind of melody. It's really funny but my mom lays the decline of the '60's generation squarely onto the shoulders of the Beatle's.
3. If I asked you to describe your most comfortable outfit, what would it be? I don't even know what to call it, but I have these kind of comfy, elastic waist lounging pants that are nice and loose and cozy (they were my saving grace when I broke my hand, I tell ya, and couldn't do zippers or buttons). Maybe with a loose fitting shirt, soft cotton sweatshirt in the winter and loose long sleeved cotton t in the fall or early spring, new socks.
4. Would you rather host a party or be a guest? Well, I'm not much of a party gal and hubby is not into lots of people either. We prefer visiting with just one other family at a time. But when it comes to big family things like Christmas or Thanksgiving or Easter, it's a toss up. I like both hosting and attending. I know, a real decisive answer that was.
5. Do you think we will move completely from traditional books to digital ones, and if we do, are you OK with that? I certainly hope not. What will I ever do if I can never again experience the thrill of being the first to open a brand new book, or smell that new book smell. The thought of holding an electronic device to read, never physically turning a page makes me very sad.
6. Do you learn best by reading, listening or experiencing? Probably for the most part reading but it depends on what it is I'm trying to learn I guess.
7. If you are (or when you were) single, what is the kiss of death for you concerning the opposite sex? (That is, what is one trait or behavior or habit or anything at all that immediately turns you off from considering that person a potential match for you?) If I was single now, I would say smoking. But seeing as I'm not single and I smoked when I was, I don't think that qualifies for the question. What was it when I was dating? Man, that was so long ago I'm having trouble remembering. LOL.
8. Snacks. Salty or sweet? Pass the chips, please.
9. Look around you in a four foot radius. What object is around you that you didn't realize was there or forgot was there? How long has it been there? Two old novels that a friend insisted I take and read, and that I forgot I put on the bottom section of the coffee table. It's been there since spring. Guess I better return them.
10. What is your favorite Tom Cruise movie? Sorry not a Tom Cruise fan. I don't think I can name even one I've seen, never mind a favorite. Did catch the last half hour of Valkyrie the other day when hubby was watching it.
11. You buy a bottle of shampoo and discover that you don't like what it does to your hair at all. What do you do with that full bottle? Try to pawn it off on another member of the family, if that doesn't work, shampoo is a great ring around the collar remover. LOL.
12. Your favorite Fall comfort food? (Last week it was beverage.) Hard to name just one. Love comfort food. Hungarian Plum balls is probably my fave but I don't know if it qualifies for fall as it's only good for Italian plum season which is end of August/September. So I guess I'll say homemade soups.