1. Visiting my girl. Nothing can top getting a 4 day visit with with your girl who miss terribly. Well, nothing except maybe a week long visit which is what I'll get next week when she comes home. But for this week we went there. It's so nice to see her getting on fine, doing so well for herself. We delivered her a starter vehichle, which her Granny sold her for a buck, so now she won't have to rely on everyone else for rides. The whole visit was nice and relaxed and we had her for the whole time as she took a couple of days off. Loved it!
2. Shopping in a different city. I always find this fun. I don't know what it is but it is fun checking out a mall you've never been too. And we got to go to one of my favorite stores which we don't have in my city, HomeSense, where hubby bought me a lovely mantle decoration.
3. Perfect travel weather. It wasn't smoking hot and it wasn't cold. Perfect for travelling. There was cloud coverage for parts of it so the sun wasn't blinding me. It was just perfect.
4. Coming home to a clean house. I cleaned before I left, so it was awesome coming home to a clean home and not feeling pressure to start picking up and cleaning right away. I could just relax and unpack at my leisure. I don't have to be back at work till next Tuesday so I can stock the cupboards and still "vacation" without freaking out about cleaning.
5. Coming home to sitting a reading your faves with a nice hot cup of coffee and not be interrupted a million times by a pre-schoolers needing attention. While I love my job this is a very nice thing about vacation. I can actually read the faves on a Friday morning in my jammies, with hot coffeee and no interruptions. Ahhhh. A mini vacation in itself.
What were your favorite things from your week? Do up a post and sign on Mr. Linky so that we can come and visit you. Everyone is welcome!*Updated: I'm linking my fave five up with a sweet 12 year old's idea for "Positive Day" in the internet today, sharing those things in our life that are positive. If you're so inclined, her link is here.