Thursday, July 09, 2009

Friday's Fave Five #44

Hello everyone! I trust you all survived the July 4th celebrations. Are you ready for your fave five for this week? I know if you had a great holiday it might be hard to narrow it down but I'm sure you will do a fine job! If you are new, it's easy. Go here for details and then jump right in!

1. This commercial cracks me right up. Smart Dad.




2. Saturday mornings. I so enjoy Saturday mornings because it is the only morning that I get to totally relax. It's my only day to sleep in, to sit in my housecoat, coffee in hand. I either grab whatever book I'm reading or finish reading all your Fave Five posts. With no pressures.


3. The smells and sounds of early morning. I love when I first get up in the mornings. I come out to the livingroom and on nice days hubby has the big windows open and the fresh smell of the morning is wafting in. That sunshiney morning smell. And the birds are chirping as they pull their breakfast out of the lawn. I wish I could somehow bottle a true morning smell into an air freshner.

4. Friends who pray for you. What an encouragement it is to have a group of friends that pray with and for you when you are going through things. The everyday life things. To know that you can share something with them and have them pray for you right on the spot and then knowing that they are continuing on praying for through the week is such a comfort. I have friends like that who have kept us in their prayers as hubby searched for a job. If you have been one of those who have lifted us before the Lord, thank you!

5. And saving the very best for last: We celebrated hubby's new job this week! You read that right! Yes, thank you Lord, hubby has a new job and will be starting Monday. We're very excited. It sounds like something right up his alley and something he will love. And it's really funny how God works. Remember this little concert we went to? The one that was a miracle in the way it happened? Little did we know at the time that God was setting something else up other than just an enjoyable evening of music. Well when we went to our seats, lo and behold we were sitting right next to a couple whom hubby knows really, really well. In fact, he used to work for them when he was a teen. The Mrs. asked him what he was doing now and he mentioned a few things he was thinking of going into at the time. Well, as the months went by and no job, it all of a sudden occured to us that maybe hubby could go see these former employers and I'm pleased to say he is now once again in their employ. That concert was a blessing in more ways than one. Thank you God for setting all that up!

What were your favorite things from your week? A special event, a funny happening, a great read, a funny quote? What made you smile? If you've done a post, please sign onto Mr. Linky linking the specific post (and not your home page). Have a great weekend everyone!


30 comments:

Willow said...

That commercial cracked me up too! Hurray for the job! I'm so very thankful with you! And hurray for friends who pray, too.

Anonymous said...

#5 is very very thrilling indeed and such an answer to prayers. It's wonderful when God says YES, isn't it? Enjoy your relaxing Saturday morning. Like you, it's my morning to sleep in, though I'd rather not because mornings are so lovely ;-)

Hazel said...

"bottle a true morning smell into an air freshener" excellent! Enjoy your Saturday mornings. And congratulations on your hubby's new job. God is wonderful.

Karyn said...

So glad your man found a new job! What a blessing.

Friends that pray are a treasure!

You are right about the mornings - at least, summer mornings. :)
Have a great relaxing Saturday morning!

Sandy@ Jesus and Dark Chocolate said...

I love the smell of morning also! :)
And I am so glad to hear about hubby's job. Great story on how God works all things out for His glory in His timing! :)

Much Ado said...

smart commercial, very funny! Congrats to your husband on his job. Isn't it amazing how God works!

Jennifer said...

I don't know why my post kept that old title in. My fave five post has nothing to do with picky eaters! You can remove that if you'd like--I can't figure out how to do it.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

What a great set of five! I love the early morning also. I can't understand those who sleep late. How could one stand to miss the morning?

Jientje said...

LOL at the commercial, loved it! A lot of good news and good stuff and you saved the best for last it seems! Congratulations and good luck on your husband's new job! The smell and sounds of early morning, I love that, and making it a room freshener would be a great idea I hink! Have a wonderful week Suanne!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Congratulations and blessings, Susanne, on Hubby's job. God is good.

Suburban Girl said...

Oh that commercial is funny. I have never seen it before. And #2 motivates me to get a cup of tea and relax! So happy your hubby got a new job...whew...mine escaped layoffs by a narrow margin - at least for now!

ellen b said...

The commercial is fabulous and as soon as my daughter wakes up I'm going to show her it. Yippee for #5! I love when God brings things together like that. Mornings are really special to me, too. Have a wonderful Saturday morning Susanne!!

Lisa notes... said...

Congrats on the job!

And I love friends who pray, too! I've had some amazing friends praying for a situation for me just this week, and God clearly heard their cries and brought resolution last night. He is so good! Glad you've seen him at work for you this week, too.

Jerralea said...

Awesome news, Susanne. I'm thrilled that your hubby found a job. It's so neat that God used a special night at the concert in your lives to bless you in more than one way!

TXDidi said...

So glad to hear of the new job. God is truly awesome (and terribly clever in how He works these things out, too).

Barbara H. said...

That commercial is hilarious. They have the same tag for Digornio's Pizza here -- I wonder if it's the same company with a different name here and there?

I love Saturday mornings, too. And praying friends are so special.

Praise the Lord for the new job!!! How exciting!

Brenda said...

Wow, congratulations on the new job! Keep praying for my son. . he still needs one.

I love early mornings too and I love it when I get up first. On a busy day I make it a point to do so. The peaceful quiet and early morning smells are wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Excellent list my friend. %5 was so cool. I'm happy for you. Mine's going to be up late today :) LOL. Aloha

Donnetta said...

Another great list! WHOO HOO on the job! Sometimes it's just plain ol' fun to look back and see how God works.

Kari said...

Hi Susanne!
What a wonderful list. I love # 4 and that is so great to hear about your hubby. Congratulations!
God is good.

Brook said...

Yeah on hubby's new job!

Michelle said...

That's wonderful news Susanne so happy to hear about hubby's job.

Faith said...

great list! I LOVE LOVE LOVE sat a.m.s!!

Praise God for the new job :)

My list is finally up...sorry it took so long.

Pamela said...

Great list, Susanne! I love the commercial - goth vs. vampire, who can tell these days? I love to open up all the windows, too, and just listen to the birds as I sit quietly, slowing waking up!

Congrats to your hubby - truly an answered prayer.

Linda said...

This was an especially good list this week Susanne. I rejoice with you that your hubby has a job. God is good and truly does work all things together for our good.
I know what you mean about early morning. I can't decide which is my favorite time - the early morning or dusk - that time just after the sun has set and all seems to be settling in for the night.
Enjoy your saturday Susanne!

Islandsparrow said...

Hi Suzanne - from NFLD! Hope it's not too late to join in this week!

So thankful with you that your hubby has a new job!! Hooray!

I love that commercial too - it's so clever.

Happy weekend!

Barb said...

Morning has always been my favorite part of the day, but quiet ones are rare these days. It's always something, you know?

I'd say that concert blessed you in more ways than one, for sure. I'm so happy for you guys - employment is good! Much, much better than the alternative. Believe me. I know. :)

PastormacsAnn said...

The commercial had me laughing out loud. Truly!

Glad you hubby got a good job Susanne!

Beck said...

HOORAY, SUSANNE!
I am so delighted for you and your family! What a relief that must be. And what a happy post this is, with the restful summer morning and the funny ad and the loving friends.

FlipFlop Mom said...

I've never seen that commercial!!! way funny!!!
I always LOVE your favorite 5's.. they are always sooooooooooo TRUE!!! and great reminders!!