Thursday, September 25, 2008

Friday's Fave Five no. 7



Hello and welcome to another fun edition of Friday's Fave 5. It's nice to have you. Please join in. Details are here. You can use the handy dandy code in my sidebar for the button, thanks to the very generous Michelle. Don't forget to add yourself to Mr. Linky if you're joining in with a post on your own site.


1. The wonderful comments on yesterday's post encouraging me and giving me some good tips. Anything to conquer the ole get the job done apathy. Thank you all. So glad I can come here and be myself and let you see some flaws and you all rally around. Thanks guys.


2. These wonderful little items. No they are not little gerbil pillows. They are grain filled theraputic bags that you can heat in the microwave or freeze in the freezer and then apply them to various body parts. I've had extremely tight, knot filled shoulders, neck and upper back in the last couple weeks. Pop these in the micro and wonderful heat to help ease those aching shoulders. Unlike my mother's electric heating pad that straps you to a wall plug I can still chase kids around with these babies. My kids have even been known to "borrow" them in the winter and take them to bed with them.


3. My dear hubby. Who ran on his lunch hour and picked me up some new ones when my other one inadvertantly was hidden by NotMe and his sister Ida Know. Hubby definitely makes my faves list!

4. A massage! Oh my word. I needed one so bad. With my neck and upper back issues I usually go once a month but I was trying to hold off until the new benefits kicked in. But alas, I finally gave in, gave up a few Starbucks trips for the month and traded it in for a massage. Oh, it wasn't pure bliss this time. It darn well hurt. But my young lady who works on my back work her fingers off and it was a good hurt. And I needed it.

5. Steaming bowls of hearty soups. Like this one from Chris. Oh yummy. Was this ever good. With a dollop of sour cream on top. (Did you know that was coming?) Soups are one of my all time fave meals. Their warmth and goodness that warm you from the inside out. Add thick slices of rustic bread or hot biscuits fresh from the oven and you have absolute satisfaction. In my opinion anyway. All the fresh ingrediants that are so available right now during harvest just scream fall to me.


What are some of your favorites from this past week?



21 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh a massage how lovely.I miss try the soup.It looks so tasty.Thanks Susanne..

SmilingSally said...

How I love the sound of a massage; I can't have one because of kidney disease. It doesn't make sense to me either, but that's what the doctors says!

gail@more than a song said...

I love soup too! I make it a lot and even some in the summer. That looks like a good one to try!

Anonymous said...

Ha! What great fave's this week Susanne. I've gotta get me some of those microwave hot pads! We both had soup on our 5 this week :0)
Oh a massage would be heavenly right now. Blessings...

Anonymous said...

I finally thought enough ahead to form a fave five this week! I've seen it and thought it was neat but my mind would always go blank before and I couldn't come up with anything.

I have a similar little bag only it is a tube shape and fits around my neck and shoulders wonderfully.

I love soups, especially homemade ones. They are some of my favorite aspects of cooler weather.

Anonymous said...

I would love a massage too! Izzy's massage therapist is always trying to convince me to have one and I always pass it up... maybe I'll do it too! I bookmarked that soup recipe, soup is yummy right now with the cooler temps. Have a great Friday Susanne!

Islandsparrow said...

I'm in!! Hooray - I did it. I've been planning all along.

I hope your poor back, shoulders and neck are better soon - and I hope the massage helps - I love them.

Now - I'm going to check out your soup recipes.

Happy weekend Suzanne!

Jen said...

A massage sounds so good. Aren't those micro heating pads wonderful? My girlfriend loaned me one that was lavender scented, I hated giving it back. Hope your shoulders and back feel better soon.

My flowers were clovers my baby pick for me in the empty lot next door.

Have a great weekend!

Sandra said...

I could use a massage :)

I joined in today too Susanne!

Karen said...

Thanks, Susanne, for hostessing this! This is my first time joining in. I look forward to coming back:)

Micha @ Cookin' Mimi said...

Soup is delicious. I could eat it four or five times a week. In fact one week when money was especially tight we did. :)

This is my first time posting.

Micha

Cyndee@Riezzee's Place said...

No fave five this week, but I did post a couple of things. Your books look great this year. I am a little behind on everything. Check out the link in my last post - something you might appreciate.

Cyndee

GranthamLynn said...

What a fun new meme. I came over from Sandra's. I just added my favorite things of the week.
Thanks for coming up with this. It was fun.
BTW I love your blue background it is really pretty! I am hoping to change mine too so I am really noticing everyone else's right now!
Have a Blessed week.
Sherry

Tammy said...

Oh, I'm going to have to get some of those gerbil pillows- I mean...therapeutic shoulder pillows. ;) I have the same problem with tight muscles when I'm stressed around my neck and back!

Great list, Susanne!

Willow said...

Hi, I just put my Fave Five up. Better late than never.

Lucky you to get that massage!

Julia said...

I had soup just this week, and it really warmed me up! I love the idea your kids had of bringing the heated pillows to bed. I think I will do that with mine. :)

Faith said...

Couldn't do this yesterday as was way too busy but I thought of ya!
Those little "Pillows" look awesome...where did you buy them??

Kelli said...

Hi, I joined your favorite five today and will do it every week! It's really fun, thanks for the idea!

FlipFlop Mom said...

Oh.. massage.. hubby's home tonight.. hmmm.. tee hee...

My favorite things this week...

The smell of fall...
The crazy squirrels...
I didn't kill my teen daughter...
banana muffins I made...

tee hee..
Love the picture of you too!!!

GiBee said...

Oh, how I need a massage!!!

Did you make the therapeutic bags?

Beck said...

I would love a massage right now, too! And soup. I'm all chilled and achy today and this post was just so lovely and soothing....