Hello and welcome to another fun edition of Friday's Fave 5. It's nice to have you. Please join in. Details are here. You can use the handy dandy code in my sidebar for the button, thanks to the very generous Michelle. Don't forget to add yourself to Mr. Linky if you're joining in with a post on your own site.
1. The wonderful comments on yesterday's post encouraging me and giving me some good tips. Anything to conquer the ole get the job done apathy. Thank you all. So glad I can come here and be myself and let you see some flaws and you all rally around. Thanks guys.
2. These wonderful little items. No they are not little gerbil pillows. They are grain filled theraputic bags that you can heat in the microwave or freeze in the freezer and then apply them to various body parts. I've had extremely tight, knot filled shoulders, neck and upper back in the last couple weeks. Pop these in the micro and wonderful heat to help ease those aching shoulders. Unlike my mother's electric heating pad that straps you to a wall plug I can still chase kids around with these babies. My kids have even been known to "borrow" them in the winter and take them to bed with them.
3. My dear hubby. Who ran on his lunch hour and picked me up some new ones when my other one inadvertantly was hidden by NotMe and his sister Ida Know. Hubby definitely makes my faves list!
4. A massage! Oh my word. I needed one so bad. With my neck and upper back issues I usually go once a month but I was trying to hold off until the new benefits kicked in. But alas, I finally gave in, gave up a few Starbucks trips for the month and traded it in for a massage. Oh, it wasn't pure bliss this time. It darn well hurt. But my young lady who works on my back work her fingers off and it was a good hurt. And I needed it.
5. Steaming bowls of hearty soups. Like this one from Chris. Oh yummy. Was this ever good. With a dollop of sour cream on top. (Did you know that was coming?) Soups are one of my all time fave meals. Their warmth and goodness that warm you from the inside out. Add thick slices of rustic bread or hot biscuits fresh from the oven and you have absolute satisfaction. In my opinion anyway. All the fresh ingrediants that are so available right now during harvest just scream fall to me.
What are some of your favorites from this past week?