Hello and welcome to Fave Five for Friday. Sorry it's so late this morning. Slept in a bit. Comes with four nights of not good sleep, I guess. Anway. Hope you play along. It's very simple. Just list your favorite five things from the week. It can be anything from jokes to music to food. It's a fun way to get to know more about each other and maybe make new friends, find new blogs or new things to try. Expand our world's a bit. Make it as detailed as you like, but the more detail the more fun! Don't forget to link to this site and sign the Mr. Linky so I can come and read your favorites.
So moving along with mine. It was interesting because I haven't been blogging all week, but here's a few things that tickled my fancy this week:
1. This post about the Texas heat over at A Home Away From Home. I'm not from Texas but it cracked me right up! By the way, Tori and her husband are missionaries in Croatia.
2. Olympic moment: the game between US and Russia to see who moved onto the gold medal game. Edge of the seat action through out the whole game. Came down to the very last match point. US won by only the 2 points mandatory to win a game.
3. Too cool purse. Miche Bags. These are too cool. I can't even remember where I first saw these but now I want one.
4. Thrift stores. Without our little second hand stores this week I would have had to pay through the nose for things like curtains and kitchen chairs for Kay's new apartment. And them windows were big, and you couldn't just slap cheap blinds into them. So thank God for thrift stores. We curtained up the whole place for less than $20 and got 4 kitchen chairs that totally suit the girls for $1.99 a piece.
5. Gas stations in the middle of nowhere. Yes, yesterday this was my favorite thing! Even though they gouged me and I paid 6 cents/litre more than anywhere else, their sign rising on the horizon almost made me do a happy dance. But I couldn't because I was driving. But they saved my hide, let me tell you. I didn't fill up in one of the bigger cities along the way thinking I still had lots in the tank. Little did I know that we would face headwinds that just put a straw into my tank and sucked for all they were worth. It was sooo windy that we used more gas coming home with empty vans than we did driving up there with vans loaded to the ceiling with stuff like a queen bed and couches and dressers and boxes stuffed with stuff. So yes, the mirage gas station who gouged me and every other motorist panicing at their empty tanks made my favorites list.
6. Going to see our singing waiter live for his "homecoming". I know, I know, this is six. But I almost forgot this. It was fun to take Tia and a friend of hers to see the singing waiter in his hometown homecoming and cheer him on as he came in and sang for us, which they tape for CTV. He has now made the top 3. How exciting. This video is actually at the fair and exhibition that evening rather than at the hometown gathering. My video wasn't as nice so I thought I'd give you guys the better one.