Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Book Review ~ The Salt Garden

"The Salt Garden" by Cindy Martinusen

Three women's lives intersect in small town Harper's Bay around the mystery of an ancient shipwreck offshore. Claire, who's a reporter in a big city suddenly finds herself without a job and back at home re-evaluating what it is she really wants. Sophia, the reclusive author who everybody wonders about still escaping a lost love and facing losing another. And Josephine, who we meet through the pages of her journal which has washed up on the shore, unearthed from the shipwreck.

As the mystery unravels each woman will come to terms with lost love and find hope, healing and strength.

The story is told from the perspective of each woman and it took me quite a few chapters to get into how the story jumps from one woman narrating to another. In truth, it almost made me put it down. But I stuck with it and all in all, it turned out to be a good story and I did get used to the flow of it. In the end it was a nice story of choices, love and faith.

2 comments:

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

Glad to see your hand is doing better and you are healing well! And it looks like your reading hasn't been affected at all:)

Shawna said...

This sounds good. I'll add it to my list.

I love to read all the time, have cut WAY back, but really start looking forward to good summer reads about this time.