Thursday, May 24, 2007

Cold, but no flakes

Well, we woke up this morning to: No Snow, Praise the Lord! In a mad scramble last night, in the dark, with rain coming down, I was running around like a crazed woman trying to do something to save my flowers. I mean, who has time or money to replace all that? So with my strong hubby-man lifting five planters up on the front porch (that's 5 heavy planters up 5 steps. Thank God for muscles.) where they would be somewhat protected, I ran around "sheeting" the rest.







You wouldn't believe how many flowers and planters I've got crammed under the one on the deck. And the crazy thing is around here it's always been that you don't plant out until the May long weekend which was this last weekend. And I was a good girl and didn't even though I had all my flowers bought on Mother's Day. Oh, the irony of it all.




I've got more planters that were just too heavy to move covered in sheets elsewhere but I thought that was enough dirty laundry to air in one post. Sheesh, looking at those sheets, they are the ugliest things. I think I've got to go sheet shopping very soon. Now aren't you glad you came by, because what would your day have been without this mind enhancing, informative post put up by yours truly.


And on that note, here is what the big city two hours from us woke up to this morning:

Now I hope they ran around sheeting. Spring, oh Spring wherefore art thou, Spring?



10 comments:

Tammy said...

So glad that snow missed you after all! Whew! Look at all that white stuff your neighboring city got! :O

(I have the link fixed now to that first post- thanks for letting me know!) :)

FlipFlop Mom said...

ok.. can I giggle now?? I have so BEEN there and done that... I've wondered what the neighbors have thought about me.. thinking I'm CRAZY cause I have blankets and sheets everywhere.. but when you have God's beauty all around your home.. you want to KEEP it!!! Glad no snow for you!!! WOW it's going to be 90 here in NH!!!!

Donnetta said...

YEAH!! Susanne still has flowers!! :-)

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

This is unfathomable. It is nearly 90* here. Wow. If I were in that location of the last picture, I would be seriously depressed.

Anonymous said...

Lol, you did a good job. I call this 'emergency preparedness' :)

Shalee said...

I could not live there! And I sheeted over Easter... That is just wrong! But we've got 70's now and that makes me happy.

Anonymous said...

im so glad your flowers are ok

Beck said...

That depresses me more than I can say. It's been HOT here all week - high 20s! - but the temperature is supposed to plummet, starting today. In a way it's good because we've been way too hot, but in another way, I hate to see the return of anything resembling winter!

Musings of a Housewife said...

Oh, I'd just CRY.

gail@more than a song said...

I'm glad the snow missed you! Looks like you did a good job of covering everything.
Just can NOT imagine snow this time of year!