Hi everyone and welcome to Friday's Fave Five. Due to a computer issue I was not able to do up a post last night. Here's the linky for your posts and I will join in as soon as soon as I can.
Well, finally able to get on here and do my FFF. A day late but late is better than never. Thanks for doing up your posts and linking in spite of me being missing in action. I apologize for not being able to get on and comment on your posts last week. Hopefully all is sorted with the computer now and its onwards and upwards.
My favorite blessings this week were simple but no less bkessings in my life.
~ a hot mug of coffee ~ poured and waiting for me each and every morning. Hubby knows what time my alarm goes off and not only has a fresh pot of coffee brewed for me but he already has my first cup poured and waiting just the way I like it when I stumble bleary eyed into the kitchen. I never take this for granted and though it may seem like a small thing, it is huge for this "not an early morning" girl.
~ fresh haircut ~ my standing appointment went a week later than usual so I was more than ready for a cut this week. I went a bit shorter due to some difficulties Im experiencing with one of my hands right now and my stylist did a great job with listening to what I was finding hard to do and giving me a cut that she knows I can work with and suggested a syling tool that simplified my routine. Very grateful for her and her years of styling my hair.
~ thermal curling brush ~ this styling tool has made things so much easier for me right now. I didn't even know this was a thing. It's not a blow drier brush but a hot iron brush. Loving the ease this has brought to my morning routine. (This particular one is the salon grade one my stylist recommended, There are less expensive ones around but I just went with her recommendation).
~ butterflies ~ This little beauty showed up in the yard this week. I've never seen one like it in my yard so it was very exciting for both the kids and I to watch him for a bit before he flew off.
~ lunar eclipse ~ the other night we had a clear view of the sturgeon moon partial eclipse where it eclipsed 93-96%. It was cool to watch a red moon being covered by the earth's shadow. Unfortunately I couldn't get a decent picture to save my life but there are some great ones out there if you missed it and want to look them up. Space is so fascinating and coincidentally I just finished a great fiction book about the 60's challenge to land on the moon. Book review to come.





5 comments:
I hope that you are up and running again soon. I look forward to seeing your weekly on Friday mornings. Thank you so much for sharing this every week.
Oh no. I hope the glitch gets fixed soon.
Hope you win the technical glitch war!
Yay for getting your FFF up...love them all. I think I listed hot coffee as well! (or maybe it was last week..now i can't remember! HA). I used to have a thermal brush like that! I no longer need one although I sometimes use a curling iron for my bangs...i'm in the process of growing my short cut out to a french bob again and it's ANNOYING! My tool this week has been odelle cream. Life saver for the short pieces that are flyaways and trying to grow out.
Do a selfie of your cut!!
What sweet service from your husband. The place I go for haircuts is walk-in only, so I get different people. So far all have been good. That's neat to have one you've been going to for years who listens well and has good advice. The tool I use is something like that only it's about the size of a curling iron, but with bristles. My hair slithers out of a regular curling iron. How neat to see an unusual butterfly! It was cloudy here for the lunar eclipse, but my husband managed to get a picture.
Post a Comment