Friday, January 19, 2018

Friday's Fave Five #465


Hi everyone.  So sorry this is late.  After a super hard week, I just sort of got all kuffafled in my days and was thinking it was Thursday.  Not until this morning when my husband mentioned our plans for tonight did I clue in that it was Friday.  Yikes.  Please go ahead and link up and I will get my post up as soon as I can!


UPDATED:
Wow, what a day.  It is now 10 p.m. and I am finally getting on here to do my FFF.  But better late than never.  Even though it's been that type of day and week it's still good to take that pause and take note of the blessings in my life.

~the time of 5 p.m.~  That is the time I am done work and boy, oh boy, I have been very much thankful for that time to roll around this past week.  It's been long days and I'm exhausted by the time that comes around so when it hits, yes I am so very thankful I can take a breath and look forward to down time.

~the gym~  even though I have been exhausted by the time the work day ends the last couple of weeks, I have forced myself to keep my gym times.  It's only 3 days a week, but it has really helped me to work off the stress that the workday has presented.  It gets me out of the house, which is especially important because my work is at home, and lets me come back with a good perspective.  My friend is sometimes there at the same time, and we always share some good laughs, share our days and I always know she will support me in prayer when I need it.  It really is a blessing for me.

~new stove~ Well the panel on my oven bit the dust this week.  We had a big decision to make:  repair or buy a new one.  To repair would have been a few hundred dollars, I'd be without a stove for at least a week, and we wondered if it would be worth it for an appliance that is 10 years old, what would break down in it next?  Because I love to cook and my stove is important for my job and because of that it probably gets more wear and tear than the average stove, we decided to buy a new one so I have a shiny new appliance sitting in my kitchen.  I do not take that for granted and am thankful for it.

~fresh air~  it actually warmed up enough this week to be able to open a window and let some fresh air into the house.  Though it did cool it down in the house a little, even a 10 or 15 minute airing out was worth it.  Nothing beats fresh air.

~the right words at the right time~ this one is a bit vague but I'm thankful when someone says just the right words at the right time that point one in the right direction, encourage one, or bring clarity.  My sister gave me those kinds of words  and she probably doesn't even realize it.  

Thanks for joining me even though I totally dropped the ball this week.  Hopefully next week my new little guy will continue to settle in and my 18 month old will lose the green eyed monster that is causing her to act out and I'll be a little more on top of the other stuff in my life including this blog.  :)










7 comments:

Barbara H. said...

I am running late today, too. I am sorry it has been a hard week - hope you have a good weekend.

Barbara H. said...

I hope the new little one adjusts soon and the green-eyed monster fades away fast. We wrestle with that with appliances, too - whether to fix or repair, and sometimes it is best just to get a new one by the time you wrestle with parts, labor (if hubby can't fix it, and even if he can, it's a time investment), time out of commission, etc. But then it's exciting having a brand-new one!

I need to get back to the gym. I just hate to take the time when I don't get to everything else I'd like to do as it is, but I know it is a wise investment of time.

Fresh air is a blessing in the winter when we're closed in a bit more, and the right words at the right time are such a blessing. Hope you have a refreshing weekend.

Faith said...

Guess what! The week before we went to Paris back in 2010 our oven bit the dust too!! We called the appliance repair guy many friends recommended and he actually ( after looking it over) told us it would be more cost effective to get a brand new stove/oven than for him to repair it. He charged us NOTHING and lost a job by being brutally honest. He did say most appliances have a life of 7-8 years nowadays. We have definitely noticed that, our GE Profile fridge lasted 22 yrs before we had to replace it. Everything else in the house was between 6-8 years!! So glad you got the new one! Is worth it.

I no longer go to the gym because i bought us a treadmill in the Black Friday sales!!! We love it! And we have our weights down in the basement near the treadmill now so that is our " gym". Now our basement is ful and kinda messy but who cares???! No more going out in the cold and dark!

Yay for encouraging words!!!

And for fresh air!!!

Susanne said...

We had all the gym equipment from bikes to treadmill to eliptical to bowflex. Hubby used the treadmill and bowflex but I never used any except sporadically. I think I like the idea of excercising at home more than actually following through on it. I think it has a lot to do with working at home with kids. I need that time to get out of the house and be around other women (I go to curves). And I hate how hot I feel at home. Need that ac and the fans! LOL.

ellen b said...

Glad you have that new shiny stove in the midst of a tiring week!

Willow said...

I am so late responding to FFF. Crazy weekend...
I'm glad you were able to get a new stove/oven. Truly a blessing.
Congrats on getting out to the gym, too!

nikkipolani said...

Some weeks are like that are they? So glad that you could find some time to jot down the blessings of the week. All good ones. I hope you are enjoying your new kitchen appliance. And well done for making the gym despite your exhaustion.