Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. Looking for our favorite blessings of the week consistently and intentionally helps when those tougher times come and changes our perspective to one of thankfulness. Please join us. Link to the guidelines is in the sidebar.
Sorry I was not able to get around to commenting last FFF. It was a very full weekend for me with house guests and plumbing that decided it was going to let the spring tree roots invade it's borders so that we had a huge emergency plumbing job on our hands. 😲 Yeah that was fun. But there was lots to be thankful for too so lets get to that!!
1. A visit from our son, J. and his girlfriend and his friend. I can't believe it's been almost 2 years since he moved away to go to school to finish his Paramedic studies. We've seen him occasionally as his heavy course load and studies and busy practicums would allow but more often than not it was just short visits as he was also working shifts as he could pick them up on an ambulance service out of town which was the usual holidays that the regular staff would want off. We got to meet his sweet girlfriend for the first time, she's adorable, and had a nice visit with his friend who've we met before and enjoy having. It was so nice to take up more than 2 or 3 seats as a family in church again! It almost made me cry, weird I know, but it's the truth. Next time we see him will be in May at his convocation where I will totally be the proud mama.
2. Sushi and Thai Fusion lunch. The boy loves sushi so we treated them to an all you can eat sushi restaurant in town. It was great food and lots of fun. And we all ate way too much but my sushi craving is now satisfied for awhile.
3. Happy smiles learning new things. I love when the preschoolers accomplish a new skill and are so proud of themselves. The huge smiles are so worth the sometimes seemingly endless repetitions to learn it.
4. A beautiful warm spring day. Yesterday was absolutely beautiful. Warm and sunny, we savored it and spent practically the whole day outside playing. It's been such a long, harsh winter this year and it was heavenly being able to take off jackets and feels the warm sun on bare arms. And last night was the first spring rain so it should be getting green pretty quick around here.
5. Orange Blossom & Driftwood Candle. The spring candles have arrived and I found one I really like. I'm not into the really flowery smelling ones at all which is typically what starts coming out in the spring but love this orange blossom smell of this mixed with whatever makes the driftwood scent. It's more refreshing than overpowering. I burn it in the morning before the dayhome families arrive to help get any lingering cooking odours out of the house. Thumbs up on this new scent.
What were you thankful for this week?