Hi everyone...off to a late start today. I'll put up the linky and join you later in listing my fave fives!
My goodness, this has been quite the couple of days. But back to normal now, at least for awhile, I hope.
Welcome to Fave Fives...a little reminder and discipline to pause in our busy lives and intentionally look for good things no matter what we are going through. As we make the discipline a habit it becomes easier even in the hardest of weeks to find some blessings. Please join us.
1. Pizza. Oh how I love this wonderful invention of food. Hubby took me on a date to the original pizza restaurant in town here. They opened when I was a kid and they are still around. They are more expensive...none of this 2 for 1 stuff but they are so good with really good, quality ingredients so it's a special treat to go there.
2. Caramel Creme Brulee Lattes and other Christmas drinks are back at Starbucks. The Creme Brulee Lattes are my favorite of the year. Since cutting way back on my sugar intake however they have become an extra special treat only enjoyed a couple of times in the season and always 1/2 or 1/4 sweet which is still plenty.
3. Operation Christmas Child boxes packed and delivered. I was a procrastinator this year and didn't pack mine until the last minute but it was still fun to put them together. Sunday was our collection Sunday and it was so nice to see the back of vehicle packed up with those red and green boxes knowing that children were going to blessed and find a little joy in the midst of their very difficult circumstances of life. Delivering them to the collection centre is always a blessing and makes me happy.
4. The extra long weekend of last week. I wish they would always tag Rememberance Day onto a weekend. It was so nice to have that extra day not floating in the middle of a week but making three days together to get caught up, though I must say I was super lazy and mostly got caught up on reading and drinking coffee. Ha.
5. Texts from my grown kids. Now that two of the three have definitely flown the coop getting unsolicited texts from them makes my day. I love the gift of texting that technology has brought...it's makes keeping in touch so easy. Of course I love even more when they phone but for the everyday the texting is definitely a blessing.
What were your favorite blessings from the week?