Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. As you can see there is no fives here for me. Yet. My kids came home last night so rather than sit on the computer, I spent time with them. So I'll post my list a little later this morning. But don't let that stop you! Go on and link up and have fun!
I'm baaaack! Sorry for that but boy, oh boy, I need every minute I can get with my kids who live so far and who I don't get to see nearly as much as I would like. I've got a solid couple of minutes here so I'll try to get up as many favourite blessings as possible.
1. Hiking in the Crowsnest Pass. The Pass is a beautiful area that takes one from Southern Alberta into British Columbia. It is the at the location of the Frank Slide and behind the Interpretive center that we hiked up to the site of an old coal mining town from the early 1900's called Lille. It was a gorgeous day, not too hot. It was spent with some great company and good friends and we hiked somewhere new so it was an adventure.
My sad attempt at trying to get us all in the picture. LOL. I look like a floating head. The wall you see behind us is part of the hotel that once used to stand here.
Standing in the ruins of the old coke ovens
2. New recipe. I'm always on the lookout for something new and mostly easy to try. With our sausages last night I was feeling like a change up from our usual potatoes with sour cream and I remembered hearing of a recipe for warm potato salad. I searched around and saw this one that appealed to me. Because I had no green beans I simply left them out. It was delicious and everyone liked them. They were good warm and leftover today cold out of the fridge. It's a keeper.
photo courtesy of Martha Stewart
3. This beautiful word plaque that a dayhome family gave me for a departing thank you gift. It's the most beautiful description of what us child care providers do that I've seen. Gave me a few tears, for sure.
4. New playgrounds. Last year the school 1 block behind me put in a brand new playground and this year the school in front of me put in a brand new playground quite a bit different than the other one. It is a huge blessing to have these so close with a dayhome. The kids love going to the playground and these new ones are quite doable with some help even for my smallest of toddlers. Fresh air and exercise does a body good!
5. Ladies Bible Study Fall kickoff pot luck. Even though the break over the summer is nice from having to prepare a lesson and go to study, I really do start to miss it by the end of summer and can't wait to catch up with "my" ladies. We like to do it with a casual potluck filled with good food, laughter, chatting and prayer. It's gonna be a great year!
Whew, got it done! It's a crazy weekend here at the Living to Tell household. Kim and Mitch arrived yesterday to attend a wedding of her very good friend. She's maid of honor so they will be super busy. Today Jeremy arrives to be in the wedding party of his good friend. It's a revolving door hotel here this weekend. Plus it's a family reunion for my husband's side of the family on top of everything. Yikes. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.