Hello and welcome. It's Friday so that means it's the day to post our 5 favourite blessings from the week. May I just pause and say I can't believe it's Friday already? Yeesh. I had so many good intentions of doing at least 3 posts this week but you know, life happened. And I didn't get to it. Ah well, hopefully next week I'll be a bit better about putting up something other than a FFF. But today that's what it is so please join us!
1. Warm, flavourful soups of fall. One think I love about fall is I get back in the mood for my all time favourite comfort food and that is soups. I love me some soup! I've always been like that. My mom made the best soups ever and when she made my favourites I would eat them breakfast, lunch and dinner till it was gone! So far this month I've made Hamburger Soup, Dave's Mom's Borsht Soup, and last night I made Cabbage Roll Soup. Oh my word it was soooo delicious. I'll have to post some recipes but some like the Cabbage Roll soup I really just made off the cuff thinking of the things I would put into a good Hungarian cabbage roll and then making it soupy. It was so good without all the work of pre-blanching the cabbage and then rolling it all and baking. Anyway, the warm and comforting soups are one of my faves this week.
2. Monthly bills that actually go down instead of up. So I purchase my tv through a company called Telus and a couple of months ago they contacted me and said they had repackaged some of their theme packages and they thought I could lower my bill. I finally found the time to get on the phone with the fella and lo and behold we got my bill down 12 dollars a month and I only lost one channel which I didn't care about anyway. How about that? I love that they took the initiative to contact me and I especially love that I get to save some bucks. $12 a month may not sound like much but that my friends is $144 in a year. I know, I know...some of you are thinking if I just got rid of tv altogether I'd be rich but hey, it's about making it better than it was before, right?
3. Growth. Our ladies bible study is a pretty tight knit group of ladies who appreciate where each person is at individually. But leading this group of great ladies one of my greatest joys is seeing someone "get" something out of the Word of God and watching how it changes their lives or watching one of them step out of their comfort zones and take a step of faith in an area that had been difficult. Tuesday evening at our study a lady who has never prayed out loud before because she was very shy about it, picked up on something I said just in conversation before study started that I was having a struggle with and without me asking for prayer for it, she all of a sudden during prayer time prayed for me. What a sweet blessing that was! I felt like a proud parent! It was a great encouragement.
4. Coffee at the ready. My sweet hubby always has a fresh pot of coffee ready for me when I get up in the morning. What a gift this is to be able to stumble out still half asleep after brushing my teeth and have a cup poured ready and waiting with just the right amount of cream waiting for me. He is awesome!
5. New gym. My Curves gym has changed owners and they have built a brand spanking new gym in a location just a few blocks from my house. It's nice to be able to go to somewhere really close by and the freshness and newness helps along with the motivation somehow.
What have your favourites been this week?