Friday, June 26, 2015
Friday's Fave Five #335
Welcome to the first summer edition of Friday's Fave Five. I can't believe it's summer already! And a hot Friday it is. In spite of the lazy, holiday feel it's still good to take a pause and look for our blessings and good things from over the past week. Guidelines are in the sidebar if you are new and would like to join us!
1. Movie date with hubby. With a handy dandy Costco movie ticket, hubby and I took in San Andreas 3D at the theatre on the weekend. Nothing like a good ol' Hollywood disaster movie to get the heart pumping. The 3D effects were pretty awesome. A nice date with hubby!
2. Father's Day. We took my Dad and Hubby for a yummy breakfast at Cora's. Being Father's Day. the line up was way out the door but we got in lickety split, only about a 20 minute wait. As usual the breakfast was delicious. It was nice to bless my Dad and Hubby and we had a really nice time. Every time a holiday comes along it becomes especially important to me to be with my parents as they are both in their 80's and I always wonder how many more holidays I might have with them.
3. New walking path to explore. There are some great new walking paths through the coulees that we can explore this summer. Father's Day we took one of them and walked off that big breakfast. I'm looking forward to some more walks this summer through some of these wonderful areas that our city has. (Looking back I guess walking made my list last week too but this weeks are all about new trails to try)
4. Air conditioning. With the summer arriving upon us with a heat wave this week, I'm very thankful for air conditioning. I know some of you may laugh at what we consider really hot, but for us anything in the 80's is getting up there. I don't run my air super cold but just that little cooling off is so nice. I'm especially thankful when I can get my 80 some year old mom out of her hot house to come and sit in some cooler temperature even if it's just for a few hours.
5. Ethiopian food. My first taste of African food was the Ethiopian variety at a wedding we attended on Saturday. I ate every bite. I especially liked a cabbage/carrot vegetable dish they had. I like trying new foods from different cultures as long as it's not totally weird stuff like bugs and such.
There were many more good little moments this week but those were 5 of my favourites. What blessed and uplifted you this week in your life?
Just a reminder that I am unable to comment on certain Blogger commenting formats. I'm sorry about that. To enable me to comment on your FFF post if you are running that particular Blogging commenting format please leave a comment on my post, then I can email back a comment on yours. :)