Is it Friday already? Oy. I am so mixed up this week in what day it is. I'm totally blaming the cold meds. Totally. But welcome to Friday's Fave Five! I know those in the U.S. just celebrated Thanksgiving but I believe we should daily notice our blessings and not just once a year, right? So that is what this is about. Taking a moment once a week to look back over that week and notice the big and little blessings that may be missed. Please join us!
1. This post by Carrie at Reading to Know. It's a book review but I love the direction she took it. She speaks of bravery and what she observes is happening in the Christian community today. She really gives us something to think about.
2. This quote that came up in my facebook feed last week. Exactly what I need to hear at the moment
"Keep this in mind tonight… the devil loves to make us focus on the little that’s wrong so we miss the big picture of all that’s right.” - Lysa TerKeurstAnd isn't that what the FFF is all about?....Helping us to purposefully put our focus on the things that are right and good!
3. Life of a King. Hubby and I came across this movie on the weekend and because we both like Cuba Gooding Jr. decided this was the movie we would watch. Though the critics were not thrilled with it we found we really liked it. Based on a true story, which I always like, it wasn't a blockbuster by any means but a really great story of how one person can take a small gifting such as teaching chess and change the lives of many!
4. Blogmas Series happening over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. Sandra came up with a lovely idea of a different Christmas theme to write about for each day until Christmas. I've really been enjoying reading them and hope to join in as soon as I stop being sick and wiped out and unmotivated to do anything but lie on the couch with hot tea and a blanket. It's not too late to join up for anyone. This link will take you to the first one where, if you scroll on down, she has buttons and topics for each day.
5. Today I'm just super thankful for my job. Even though there are many things I've complained about or been frustrated with over the years, it really has so many, many good things that go with it that outweigh those negative things.
What are your favorite blessings from the past week?