Friday, October 10, 2014
Friday's Fave Five #302
Hi everyone and welcome to another week of Friday's Fave Five. Are you ready to look back over this last week and find some blessings in your life. What uplifted you this week? Gave you a smile? Made you feel good? Or made you feel special? Did something or someone say just the right thing? Do something for you? Make life a bit easier? Give you pause to stop and be grateful? Then it fits right in with FFF! Please join in as we share 5 of our favorite blessings from the last week!
1. Dinner with our Pastor and his lovely wife. This is always a pleasure for us. They are such great people and it's a real blessing to not only have them as our pastors but to call them our friends. They are such encouragers and such down to earth kind of people and they are a lot of fun. There is always lots of laughter and yet there is always deep spiritual discussion too. It's always a blessing when we get to share time with them.
2. A revelation of my baby girl all grown up. My youngest who is almost 20 joined us for dinner with our pastors and that night I saw a real maturity and grown-upness (I know it's not a word, but work with me here). She didn't just sit there but joined in on the conversation and held her own. She was bright and funny and honest. It was a joy having her along. I know in my head she's considered an adult but it just really hit me that evening that yes, she has grown up right before my eyes. And she just made us all laugh out loud when she commented: "I must be getting older 'cause I'm enjoying your conversation". We were quick to point out that it's because we ourselves were so young. LOL.
3. A blessing of time. At this time of year, I am in charge of two different areas in my church: Operation Christmas Child and Ladies Christmas party door prize and silent auction donations co-ordinator. The second job has grown huge and it takes up large chunks of time. I was getting a little behind in getting letters out to various businesses and was really starting to feel a bit overwhelmed with it all (the same as I do every year at this time). Then on Wednesday only 1 child showed up for dayhome. It happened to be one of the babies. And he has a short nap in the morning and a longer one in the afternoon so I was able to get all my letters done and then we even took the stroller and walked to the mailbox to mail them all when he was awake. What a blessing it is to have that part done. Now I can relax for a couple weeks until the next busy step in the process.
4. Self-adhesive envelopes. When one is doing 40 - 50 letters it is a huge thing not to have to lick all those babies closed, let me tell you! Or to have wet paper towels to try and get them damp without sopping down the rest of the envelope. What a blessing whoever came up with that invention is in my life at this time of year. I will have to make sure to thank the church secretary profusely for getting those envelopes.
5. The owner/manager/trainer at my gym who took my workout and totally modified it when I came down with major heel pain this week. In typical modern day fashion, I totally went on line with my symptoms and I think I've plantar fasciitis. I'm going to have to make an appointment with the doctor to see if I'm right, but whatever the case, I was absolutely bummed because I have been on a great role with my fitness goals. I do not want to be laid up with an injury and then have to fight my way back like a couple of years ago. I was very grateful she took the time to change the workouts the gym is doing with Jillian Michaels and modified them or totally changed them up to take the pressure off my feet and heels and still let me come and do something to work out. It's a blessing to have someone with some knowledge and the willingness to take the time without extra appointments or expense.
What were your favorites from the last week?