Friday, August 15, 2014
Friday's Fave Five #295
Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. Already it is the middle of August. Already!! Where oh where has the summer gone. And because it's just whipping by I feel doubly glad that I have FFF to help me take a moment to slow down and take note of the blessings in my life. To take note of special moments or things that I am grateful for, big or small. Please join in! Details here
1. This amazing post that gets a standing ovation from me. It's so easy to start telling ourselves that what we have is not good enough, or that we need more or different or newer or better or what ever else it is that we convince ourselves with. I'd loved this woman's word: "perspectacles". And how much did I love the answer her child gave to the question "What do we do in a kitchen!" Lots and lots, that's how much! I like to think that maybe, just maybe, doing this fave five each and every week helps point us a bit towards having our perspectacles on.
2. Movie out with a friend. Two months late but I was finally able to treat my friend to a show for her birthday. Her birthday was back in June. I know, I know...my bad. But the movie we wanted to see then left before we both had a free night and there wasn't another that both of us wanted to go to... that is until "The Hundred Foot Journey" came. We both loved it. The photography of the French countryside and the preparation of the food was just beautiful and it was a nice story and surprisingly had the theatre laughing out loud throughout. I didn't realize it would have some comedy to it. That was a nice surprise. And it was fun to get out and celebrate with a good friend.
3. Passports quickly in. Hubby and I stopped at the passport office on our little getaway last week and finally bit the bullet and applied for ours. Amazingly we only had about a 5 minute wait before we were able to get to the counter. The gentleman told us we were very lucky. Usually on Fridays, which is the day we were there, the lineup filled the waiting area and went out the door and around the building. All. day. long. And in just 9 working days we had our passports. Now I'm excited about the possibilities looming before us.
4. Cool nights. It has been hot around here...well relatively speaking. I'm sure I have a few bloggy friends who would laugh at my definition of hot. It's been in the 80's during the day but blessedly cooling off at night most of the time. We do have air conditioning but hubby and I prefer to turn it off at night unless it's unbearable hot and open the window and let "real" air in. So nice to have a coolness from outside and not a frigid kind of cold like air conditioners deliver. And an added blessing, this year the magpies have not been fighting on our front lawn at the crack of dawn like they had been in past summers, and waking me up with that window open. So thankful they've worked out their issues or at the least moved it away from my bedroom window.
5. Reading, reading, reading. I've had wonderful times during the last week where I've been able to sneak in a little extra reading time which is always a bonus in my world. Even though it's been a busy and stressful week, there were still pockets of time that I could eek out and read my book. Reading is crucial to me. I can't go a day without so I'm especially thankful for these moments.
What were your favorites this week?