Happy Valentine's Day everyone! May you all celebrate a little love in your life today. Thanks for joining me in looking back over the week and looking for the blessings in our weeks. What has lifted you up this week?
1. Amazing photos. I came across these amazing daily photos from the Olympics. I love looking at the amazing perspectives that these photographers have caught. You can look all the way back to the opening ceremonies and they add to it daily.
2. Proud Canadian Moment in true Olympic spirit. There have been tons of moments for Canadians to be proud of so far at the Sochi games but this one was amazing and totally selfless. There is huge twitter outpouring in support of the young skater to be chosen to carry the flag at the closing ceremonies...started by the skater who was the beneficiary of his kindness and generosity and who went on to win the silver.
3. A wonderful date with my hubby. A spur of the moment dinner date with my hubby paid for with a gift card received for Christmas. What could be better? Great company of the man I love, and absolutely delicious dinner (I had the best chicken parmigana that I have ever had!) and the tab paid by someone else. I love these dates and we make a point of having them regularly. These are our points of real connection as I am a night owl and Hubby is an early to bed/early to rise guy so needless to say when I'm energized he's wiped and visa versa and therefore we don't have a lot of time to really connect during the week. Our dinner dates are wanted and needed!
4. Encouragement when needed. Sometimes I get very unsure of myself in different areas. I lack confidence. This week I received encouragement from several different sources. One of them I don't even think the person realized they were really encouraging me. But I am very grateful for each one because it has given me courage and let me know I'm on the right track. I pray I would also be an encouragement to someone else.
5. Warming trend. We have been in a deep freeze for a couple of weeks so it's been wonderful for the warmth to come back. The snow is once again melting, the air is getting warmer, and it's been wonderful feeling the warmth of the sun a bit. It hasn't been quite as windy as they predicted, so weather wise it's been a great couple of days. My heart goes out to the southern USA who experienced the wicked winter storm this past week.
What have been your favorite blessings this week?