Friday, October 18, 2013
Friday's Fave Five #253
Hi everyone, welcome. Last weekend we Canadians celebrated Thanksgiving. It's one of my favorite holidays, but really there is no reason to keep thankfulness to just one weekend a year. How much better to be thankful for all the good things in our daily lives? Did you know that thankful people who realize their blessings are generally more happy. And so they are thankful. And again they are happier. Sounds like a good circle to get into, doesn't it? Well that's what FFF is all about. Looking for our blessings, being thankful for the big and the small and being a more content and happy person giving glory to the Lord. We invite you to join in! Guidelines are linked in the sidebar.
1. The holiday of thanksgiving being an opportunity for my family to come together. Now that we're spread out a bit, a holiday presents a great time to all get together.
2. The foods of thanksgiving. I'm very thankful that I am able to cook a dinner for my family. My favorite foods happen to be a lot of the ones I serve at Thanksgiving. Turkey, stuffing, spaghetti squash, pumpkin pie. Okay I didn't make the pie, but the others I sure did.
3. My daughter being safe and sound after her car broke down on the highway. It's that phone call that makes a parent feel so helpless. On the way back to her home Oldest Daughter's car just quit on the highway. About 4 hours from here, 45 minutes out of a city. The tow truck an hour away. I am so thankful she had her boyfriend with her and they both remained safe. A hefty repair and towing bill but it doesn't compare to the both of them remaining safe and finally making it home safely.
4. A Sweet Hubby who cleaned up for me last night while I had a horrible headache. So appreciate his jumping right in to help even though I know he was pretty darn tired from work.
5. Another dandy breakfast from our favorite breakfast place. This time I chose a "April 89" crepe. Filled with fresh fruit and custard, it sounded delicious. Imagine my surprise when it arrived and was set before me. It was almost as wide as my shoulders. I may or may not have eaten almost the whole thing.
What were your favorites from the week?