Welcome to the first Friday's Fave Five of September. Now in my mind that means it's fall even though officially there is still a few weeks before the calendar says it's so. But whether you think it's still summer or you've made the transition to fall, it's always a good time to look for your blessings in your days. If you care to share 5 in a post, go ahead and link on up and then visit around. It's amazing how uplifting and encouraging it is.
1. A safe and uneventful move. I was very thankful that the move of my youngest to her home for bible college was made safely and smoothly. Around Alberta this long weekend in September is notorious for lots of accidents. This was my daughter's first time driving a major highway for a long distance and through a very busy city for the first time. Her dad went with her in her car so he could guide her on safe passing and driving, he is much more patient in those situations and her car is a standard so that made the choice between me and him going with her a moot point. I don't drive standard. So that left me driving the van with the dresser and all the "stuff". I was proud of her. She did well and didn't seem phased by the business. Whew, we arrived safe and sound both directions.
2. A fun, new restaurant to try. Before we left my girl, we went to church and then tried a restaurant on the recommendation of the people she will be living with. The food was absolutely wonderful. I had a Philly Yorkie, a delicious gourmet concoction of a Philly Beef Sandwich inside of a large Yorkshire pudding. So good and creative. Hubby had Lobster mac and cheese for the first time and he gave it two thumbs up. Wish I would have thought to take a picture before I ate most it. The girl chose quesadilla's which surprised me because she is the adventurous one, willing and very happy to try new things. But she said it, also, was very good. Excellent service too was a bonus!
3. Great hotel deal. I booked our hotel through one of the discount hotel/travel sites and got a great deal which was a huge blessing. Because moving your child is expensive! It was really nice to get a room in a new 3 year old, modern hotel for a steal of a deal. It was $169 regular and I scored it for $109. Yipee! And they served an awesome breakfast with more choices, hot and cold, than I could ever eat. Hurrah, that saved us at least $30 in breakfast at a restaurant. I couldn't have been happier. Well unless of course I got a presidential penthouse suite for the same price, but that ain't gonna happen so I'll be please with what the Lord saw fit to bless us with.
4. A day to chill and get used to the new normal before having to jump back into work. Very grateful for that long weekend to take a breath from the hectic pace of helping getting Younger Daughter ready for the move. Both hubby and I spent it doing pretty much nothing. It was the first time ever in my life, I think, that I stayed in my jammies until 1 in the afternoon and sat with my coffee and read.
5. Phone plans that let me talk to my kids for free. Now that I have three grown kids doing their own thing and long distance and texting are a fact of my life, I sure am thankful for those plans that let me call them for free.
What have been your blessings from your last week?