I can't believe it's Friday already, but that it is and it's time to look at blessings that have touched our lives over the past week. Please join me in sharing five of those blessings. Guidelines are here if you haven't read them before or if you are new.
1. My first favorite is definitely having the family together for Easter. After spending our first Christmas ever with one of us missing, I definitely was very grateful to have us all together. We spent a bit on the quieter side as oldest Daughter had to leave on Sunday to make it back for school. It was short but sweet.
2. An easier Easter lunch. Because the oldest did have to leave on Sunday, which I had totally forgotten until she reminded me when she arrived on Friday, that meant that the big turkey dinner with all the people and all the work got scraped. We enjoyed just a really nice, much easier to prepare, but no less delicious lunch with this chicken, these gorgeous potatoes and nice spring asparagus that I roasted with sea salt and Parmesan cheese.
For dessert, Costco did the honors with tiramisu and lemon meringue cake. Yes cake, not pie. And both were absolutely delicious! I think I'm liking this less stressed out Easter lunch and it may just become a tradition.
3. Speaking of Costco, while doing our Easter dinner shopping, they were demoing these huge olives. Stuffed with garlic and jalapeno. Very yummy. Salty, tangy and with a good bite to them. We went through the whole jar in the weekend and were back this week picking up another jar.
4. The extra day off this week. I always appreciate an extra day off. It always seems my weekends get so busy between church and chores that it always flies by. Easter Monday is a day off for me and it was just what this gal needed to unwind from the busy weekend.
5. Hubby power raked the lawn. While this may seem like an insignificant thing, to me it is huge. It just cleans up the dead, dirty grass and leaves and makes the backyard so much more pleasant to spend time in. And I do spend a lot of time out there with the dayhome kids. It just gets everything ready for the spring and allows the grass to get nice and green. So that is an act of service to this family that hubby does that is very much noticed and appreciated!
What were your favorite blessings this week?