Welcome to another edition of Friday's Fave Five. It's time to take a moment and look back over the week to find blessings in our lives no matter the week we've been having. Sometimes it's hard and sometime's it's easy but it is always worth it. Please join us and we make a choice to look for good things in our lives.
1. A Saturday off with hubby. Working in retail, hubby rarely gets a Saturday off. But he had one this last weekend, and we actually able to take advantage of it and spend the whole day doing this and that together. The day happened to fall on our realty company's customer appreciation day at a local movie theatre. With the invitation comes a free movie complete with popcorn and a drink. For the whole family and even a friend. Fun Saturday morning for us. We then tried the new IHop in town and spent a couple of hours shopping for things we needed for the house.
2. "We Bought A Zoo" was the movie we picked and I really enjoyed the story. That being said, for a family movie it does have it's moments I felt are definitely not for little kids including some "mild" swearing throughout the movie and one filthy mouth moment of the movie's adorable little co-star. (*Warning: rant coming!* The addition of which aforementioned filthy mouth comment, in my opinion, was totally needless and did not add anything to the show, but Hollywood seems to think it's funny when little kids let loose on some inappropriate comment they've heard an adult say and their hideous need to put this into every family movie and produce a shock moment is getting old! Seriously people, it's not funny as evidenced by the fact that no one in the theatre laughed. *End of Rant*). And there are some drawings shown, drawn by the character of the grieving and hurt teen boy that in my opinion might be disturbing to younger children. But the story is good, the characters well acted making you care about them and it is based on a true story (which I didn't know before we went). Great for a family with older children.
3. Anne of Green Gables. First time I'm ever reading it in spite of watching the series almost yearly and I am totally loving it. I've been laughing and smiling through Anne's innocence and antics and Marilla's responses. In some scenes I have the show running through my head as I read it and it is making the read extra enjoyable indeed.
4. The smell of spring in the air. It rained a touch the other day and I can honestly say it smells like spring now. Fresh and washed. Love it.
5. Red Grapes. Over the last three weeks I cut refined sugar out of my diet and red grapes have been my saving grace when I've felt overwhelming sweet cravings. God's candy, I would say.
photo courtesy of stock xchng
What have been your favorites this week? Don't forget to sign on to Mr. Linky and then try to take a moment to visit the other participants. It's uplifting to read the good things in people's lives and makes you more aware of the blessings in your own life too! Just a reminder: the Linky is for those participating in Friday's Fave Five. Please don't sign on if you are not linking a FFF post. Have a great weekend everyone!