Welcome to Friday Fave Fives everybody. Only a few more until Christmas is upon us. The perfect opportunity to slow ourselves down in this very busy time and look for those God moments in our weeks, those moments that have brought a blessing, a smile, an uplifting of our hearts. Join in with us as we take this moment.
I'm fighting a touch of the flu today (Thursday) so I'll join you all in the morning (Friday) after a good night's sleep!
I'm back and feeling much better! Thanks everyone for your kind words! So I'm betting you'll know what the first one on my list is:
1. Feeling like a new person! A total 180 degree difference from yesterday. And from the last couple of weeks in fact. I, all of a sudden, feel motivated and raring to go on the Christmas stuff. I'm thinking my ol' body was telling me enough is enough and if I wasn't going to purposefully give it a break, it would make sure it took one itself. I don't think I've ever spent so much time on the couch. I have a whole new appreciation for the comforts of couch. The sick part wasn't so much fun but the total day of rest and sleep did me good. Christmas here I come!
2. Houston, we have a dress! We had a budget, I thought it would be tough because she's quite particular. But she laid her eyes on this beauty and knew it was the one. Not the style or color she was thinking she wanted but once it was on her, there was no giving it back. It's gorgeous, looks like a nighttime sky with stars sparkling all over with the clusters of shiny beading on the skirt! A smidge above the budget but she kicked in the rest and we don't even have to do alterations! And bonus, we got a great deal because the lady was selling out stock she had been building up to open a store which didn't happen. T is going to be one gorgeous Grade 12 grad in the spring!
3. Blockbuster rentals now at the library. Since all the dvd rental stores have shut down in my city, the library has taken up the slack and now they have lots of copies of the blockbuster releases as soon as they come out. For Free! Free is awesome! Free for 3 days! And then the fine per day is cheaper than what we would have paid to rent for a day at the rental stores. I loved the library!
4. Dinner date with hubby. Trying a new restaurant, a moment of unhurriedness together, having a chance to discuss Christmas gifts and plans. Always a favorite with me.
5. Kid's laughter. Gotta love the cuteness of preschooler's belly laughs. Totally lightens up the day no matter how stressed it is!