Thursday, August 04, 2011
Friday Fave Five #150
My goodness, friends. Can you believe it is the 150th edition of Friday's Fave Five? I can't wrap my mind around that! Thank you to all who have blessed me with your participation whether you've stuck with this little meme from the very beginning or whether you are just recently joining in. I've loved everyone of you participating.
So this week was a bit of a toughie for me. I have been tired, folks. All those late nights sitting up with my daughter are not quite as easy to get over as they were when I was a few years younger. I've really been dragging. but there is still favorites I can find! In no particular order:
1. Black Apricots. Found them at Costco and they were yummy! They mess with your brain because they are black and fuzzy on the outside, like an apricot, and then inside they are smooth and juicy, like a plum. And they taste like a bit of both.
2. Hot dogs. Yes, I know. They are not healthy in the least, and I probably do not want to know what goes into them, but once in a while they really hit the spot. Especially on those days when I too tired to cook. My favorite topping? Cheeze Whiz and salsa. And close behind is mustard, chopped onions and chopped tomatoes. What's your favorite toppings?
3. Iced Chai Tea Latte. When it's hot out, who wants a hot tea or coffee when you're outside. Did you know you can get any Starbucks hot coffee as an iced version? I tried the Chai Tea Latte iced. Yup, real cold and real good!
4. Another yummy pizza from our favorite pizza place. I've mentioned the various delicious pizzas we've tried before, some of them top competitors in International Pizza Challenges held each year in Las Vegas. Our goal is to eat our way through their menu. So every time we order, we select one we already know we like and then we try something new. This time the sure thing was the Creamy Philly Cheesesteak pizza (absolutely delicious) and the new try was Teriyaki Steak which had teriyaki sauce, sesame seeds, seasoned steak, pineapple, green pepper, onion and cheddar. I was a little bit leery but the guy on the phone suggested it when asked so I gave it a try. Oh my goodness, it was good.
5. Long Weekends. Love my long weekends. I wish I could have one each week! :v) It was a gorgeous day and hubby and I did one of our favorite activities together, just me and him. We went for a good long bike ride. Then in the afternoon, I made bbq ribs with that wonderful sauce I mentioned last FFF. All in all a very relaxing day.
What are your favorites or blessings from your last week? Help me celebrate 150 posts of FFF and join in this week. If you have joined in I'll enter your name to win one of 2 Five Dollar gifts cards to Starbucks so that you can have a favorite drink, maybe even an iced chai tea latte, on me.