Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. Time to take a peek back over our week and think about the blessings great and small that have come into our days. Please join right in and then take a few moments if you can and visit some of the other participants. You will be surprised how uplifted you will feel when you are done. There is something about recognizing the good things in our lives even if we are having a bad week. Guidelines are here if you need them.
So in no particular order:
1. Hot soup on a cold day. I'm a soup fan from way back. And to me there is nothing that speaks comfort food like a steaming bowl of it when it's cold and blustery outside. I'm always game to try one I've never made before. And something I love about soup is a lot of them totally lend themselves to tweaking according to what my family likes or what I have on hand. Such was the case with this week's recipe. I changed it up quite a bit and still ended up with a bowl full of delicious. I ended up with a white bean/sausage/spinach soup. Yum.
2. God's promise that we are not forgotten and are written in the palm of His hand.
"[And the Lord answered] Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yes, they may forget, yet I will not forget you.
Behold, I have indelibly imprinted (tatooed a picture of) you on the palm of each of My hands; [O Zion] your walls are continually before Me."
Isaiah 49: 15 - 16 Amplified Bible
In light of what our family is going through right now with MIL's stroke this is such a comforting promise knowing that no matter what she faces or what we are going through as a family that we are actually written on the palms of God's hands, that our troubles are before Him and He knows what we are up against. We can come to him knowing He has compassion for us.
3. Dark chocolate covered Acai & Blueberry. Thanks to Costco and their food demos I came home with a bag of these last shopping trip. My mouth waters just looking at the picture of the bag. Totally addicting but I'm convincing myself that they are good for me. Dark chocolate, acai berry juice and blueberry juice. Anti-oxidant goodness, right?
4. Revlon nail buffer. I cannot tell you how much I love this thing. I've always loved the look of just clear polish on fingernails and I knew that expensive kiosks in the mall had buffers but they cost more than I was willing to shell out. And now Revlon has one that fits very nicely into my budget, thank you very much. It makes my nails ultra shiny and like they have a french manicure without a drop of polish. Loooove it.
5. Dinner out. I'm always game for dinner out. We took our son to his restaurant of choice for his birthday. It was nice just to have a break (even though I love to cook) from the stress of the last few weeks and have fun. I tried Jambalaya and it was delicious. I'm glad I tried something new.
What have been your favorites this week. Join us by doing up a post and then linking on! Please link to your specific FFF post and not your home page. It's so much easier to visit around. Have a great weekend everyone.