Friday, December 17, 2010
Friday's Fave Five #118
Welcome to Friday's Fave Fives! Wow, during this busy, busy season I've really needed this exercise in looking at my blessings over the week. They can so easily get buried in the busy and the "to do". And there is lots to do! So take a few moments with me and look back over your week and find those things that gave you joy, that gave you peace, that blessed you. If you are new, take a peek here first for the guidelines, then just join in.
1. Snatches of time here and there throughout the day to just catch my breath, to slow down, to refocus. I'm thankful that in my day there are pockets of a few minutes here and there where I can take a deep breath before I go charging on again.
2. Baby funnies. Oh the cute and funny things a 16 month old and a 20 month do. These two little ones in my dayhome crack me right up. Special gifts of laughter given to me.
3. Christmas shopping done! And most of it wrapped. Yipee!
4. The smell of baking in the house. Baking is not my forte but I do like to do a bit a Christmas. So the wonderful smells have been wafting through the house this last week. I've made gingerbread cookies, shortbread cookies, chocolate mint crackle cookies and spiced nuts. It smells yummy in here.
5. A nice comfy bed. Haven't been feeling well this week and my bed has felt especially good when I finally get to it at night.
What has been your favorites this week? Please join in and sign on to Mr. Linky and then take a moment and visit around.
Also, just a note, I will have Fave Five's up next week, but being Christmas I know everyone will be busy, busy, busy. If you have a moment to look back over your week and do a post, please sign on, and if not, then have a very Merry & Blessed Christmas with your family and friends.