So here are mine for the last week:
1. A new perfume. When I was visiting my older girl a couple weeks ago, I went to the neighborhood drug store to grab some coffee and a few other things and while there I just had to check their "On Sale" perfume section. And found this: DKNY Be Delicious Caramel Apple. Now as a teen I loved green apple fragrances, but now as an adult it is a total departure from what I usually wear. (But seeing those two cost an arm and a leg and one's first born I use them very sparingly.) Anyway, this was sitting on the sale counter and remembering I loved the green apple in former years, I gave it a try. Not too bad. Definitely smell green apple and even more so, definitely pear (a scent I love), some flowery stuff in the middle notes and ending with a hint of caramel and vanilla. A lot sweeter than my norm but something light, summery and fun for everyday so I nabbed it.
2. The deal I scored on above perfume. Regularly about $60 dollars I got it for $20 plus a bunch of points on my customer card. I love a good deal. Now if they would just put my two favorites mentioned above on that clearance table once in awhile I'd be forever grateful.
3. Another apple. Apple Crisp. Apple season brings out my favorite dessert: apple crisp. Hot from the oven with vanilla ice cream melting all over it. Yummy! I have to watch it though or I can eat the whole darn pan by myself!
4. Cobb Salad. Specifically a Ricky's Signature Cobb Salad. Turkey, ham, three-cheese blend, roasted artichokes, cucumbers, tomatoes, bacon, and guacamole ranch dressing on a bed of lettuce. It looks wonderful on the plate all lined up so nice and it tastes even better. Oh my word. I love this for lunch. The only thing missing on Ricky's cobb is the chopped hard boiled eggs and avacadoes that you usually find on other cobb salads. But the roasted artichokes they put on theirs with the guacamole dressing makes up for that big time. My mouth waters just thinking about it.
5. Furniture polish. Sort of a crazy one, but I just love sitting in a room with furniture that has just been polished and is all shiny and nice and the whole room smells good. I think it must be a trigger from my childhood. It evokes thoughts of home and my mom and security. Funny how that works.
What are your favorites from your lives this week? Do a post and then come back and link that post so we can come and visit with you!