Friday, July 09, 2010

Friday's Fave Five #96

** Updated with Mr. Linky**
Sorry everyone. I'm not sure what I did with Mr. Linky, but here it is.

***Updated. Again!*** Well apparently Mr. Linky is down due to emergency maintenance. So just let us know in the comments if you have a post up. Guess we'll do it that way this week. We shall go with the flow. :v)

Hi everyone! How was your week? It's Friday so time to look back over the last week and find those five favorites things whether you had a great week or not. There are small subtle blessings if we but take the time to look even on those rougher weeks. Share them with us. You can go here if you need details.

1. Amazing clouds.

There is just something about the clouds and skies that really draws me and we've had quite a show lately with really different cloud formations. The layering and swirls on this particular night was unreal. I couldn't capture the 3D effect they were giving near well enough.


2. Beautiful Sunsets
. The colors this summer have been amazing. I can't get enough of it. And it disappears so quickly. I have to enjoy every second I can get.


3. Blue skies breaking through storm clouds. A metaphor for life.


4. Leaving the skies behind now, this pudgy little fella.


Yeah, must be nice, he's chasing his morning nap with an afternoon nap. But when he's awake he's darn cute and makes me happy. Well, to be honest when he's sleeping he's cute too. But this sleeping beauty snores to beat the band. Big time. So the awake cuteness edges out the sleeping cuteness by a hair.

5. The humble little pansy. Beautiful in her simplicity. It makes me smile. This year a few new colors are showing off in my flower bed. This lovely lady dressed in lemon sherberty yellow. Is sherberty a word? No? Well, it is now, I declare it.


And this pretty lavender girl. Sigh. Love the different shades of lavender.

So what has made you smile, warmed your heart, cheered you up or floated your boat this week? If you do a post, please link on up so we can come and visit.

Happy Weekend everyone!

39 comments:

Karyn said...

Pansies are also one of my favorites - and I love the colors you chose!

Great cloud photos!

I love the sunsets, too.

momma24 said...

I love the pictures! Beautiful.

momma24 said...

Is there going to be a Mr. Linky this week? Just checking since I'm pretty new to this. :-D

Gattina said...

For the moment we only have a blue sky and it's unusually hot !
sweet doggie nap :)

Gattina said...

BTW did you forget the linky thing ?

Hazel said...

Thanks a lot for sharing the beautiful images. I can't get over the napping pooch. You ask, 'what made you smile, cheered you up?' He's one of my answers :) Adorable!

P.S. Are we having the linky today? Just wondering.

Kari said...

the sky photo's are gorgeous and so are the flowers.
It really is the simple things.

LivingforGod said...

Beautiful photos! I didn't see Mr. Linky. Here is my post: http://bornagainandblessed.blogspot.com/2010/07/fridays-fave-five-19.html .

Have a blessed weekend!

Mary said...

Beautiful pictures! Your little fella is so cute: I could just squeeze him! Adorable!

Brenda said...

I like the new logo and your dog is very cute!

Love the picture essay this week.

Brenda said...

can you hook me up to Mr. Linky when you get it up and running? I'll be away from the computer the rest of the day.

Faith said...

I just love all your pictures, Susanne!!! my lilac pansies are so droopy from all the scorching heat we are getting but...they're still alive so...I am nurturing em....
Your dog is cute...my claire would love her!
great list...mine is up!

Sandy@Jesus and Dark Choc said...

Wow those cloud pics are amazing! God can paint such lovely pics in the sky! Like the new graphic for Fave Five! Sometimes I get jealous of the life of a dog! ha ha...cute pic.
I see no Mr. Linky???

Lisa notes... said...

I love your outside views. Isn't the sky wonderful? Different everyday.

Anonymous said...

Great fluffy fives, Susanne :-) Happy weekend to you, too.

Rita said...

Can you tell us what kind of pup this is? I had a little dog that was an apricot miniture poodle and she looked just like your pup. Snuggle. What a great little dog to love. :)

Joanne said...

The clouds are just spectacular!
And sunsets...my favourite!
love the sweet flowers of summer!
Joanne who joined in this week and posted my link here:
http://joanne-seasonalhearthandhome.blogspot.com/2010/07/five-favourite-fragrances-of-summer.html

hip chick said...

Sunsets are beautiful. And, I like a little afternoon siesta as well.
Not sure where that sly Mr. Linky is but if you click on my name you will see my fave's.

Jen said...

Just awesome pics....I actually re joined you today...its good to be back!

Jerralea said...

I so love your sky pictures! And the flowers are gorgeous - pansies are some of my favorites.

I still couldn't get mr. linky to show up ... here's my link:

http://jerralea.blogspot.com/2010/07/fridays-fave-five-96.html

Donnetta said...

Enjoyed your sky pictures. I also included a sunset on my list this week. You're right, the colors are beautiful!

Your dog snores?! Too funny!

The pansies are lovely.

Happy Friday Friend!

Donnetta said...

My post is up: http://mqcorner.blogspot.com/2010/07/fridays-fave-five-random-week.html

Angela said...

love your sky pictures! clouds would be nice here...just hot and humid and no relief!

here is my post link: http://amcarroll.blogspot.com/2010/07/fridays-fave-five-july-9.html

ellen b said...

Oh my goodness!! Those clouds take my breath away. So amazing!
Love the sweet pansies, too.
LOL about that little thing making such loud snores!
Have a great weekend and yes...I do have a fave five up...stinky Mr. Linky!

Stephani Cochran said...

Beautiful skies! I finally got my fave five posted. Hope you'll stop by.

Islandsparrow said...

Wow Suzanne - your cloud pictures are stunning!

Sherberty is definitely a good word - and I love lemon!

Here's my link for the week
http://kathie.squarespace.com/a-sparrows-home/2010/7/9/fridays-fave-five-summer-days.html

Happy Friday everyone!

Barbara H. said...

What a feast of beautiful things this week! I love all the sky and flower pictures, and what a cute little doggie.

My faves are here:
http://barbarah.wordpress.com/2010/07/09/fridays-fave-five-69/

Moira said...

Pretty pansies and amazing clouds!

I have my Fave Five on up already, and one last week too I forgot to come add, LOL!

Unknown said...

Love your photos... I never have my camera handy when I see greatness like that! My puppy brings me so much joy... she is so spoiled..well umm err loved!

(I have a Friday Five, too)

Unknown said...

I love your pictures!! Especially, the sleeping pooch! How adorable!!

My faves for this week are at
www.withthankfulhearts.blogspot.com

Blessings!
~H

Jerralea said...

Hey, looks like Mr. Linky is now working!

April said...

Here's my link since Mr. Linky isn't playing nice this week.

http://homeschoolblogger.com/bradleyzoo/782927/

Mama Manuscripts said...

love the photos...I posted in the linky but just in case it isn't working for everyone...

http://mamamanuscriptsplace.blogspot.com/2010/07/friday-fave-five-july-9th.html

Karyn said...

I already commented - this is just to let y'all know my post is up at

www.momkaryn.blogspot.com

Heidi said...

Here's the link to my post:
http://heidi-strawser.blogspot.com/2010/07/friday-fave-five-96.html

Lisa notes... said...

Mr. Linky is finally working, and then I go and mess up on it! Sorry for the weird name showing up on # 8 (Checklist Manifesto). I didn't notice it until after I clicked send. Feel free to delete it, Susanne! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Love your pictures!!!
And your dog is absolutely adorable. :)

Maude Lynn said...

Beautiful pictures of the clouds!

Sheri said...

Love your pictures. Awesome!