Hello and welcome! It's Friday and that means it's time to look back and reflect over the week and find our five favorite things out of the past week. It's a wonderful way to get into the habit of looking for good things in one's life even when one is going through a hard week. If you need details they are here. Otherwise, just jump right in and join us.
1. Shelter. Last night while lying in bed listening to the rain and snow being driven by the wind so hard that it sounded like my house was being sand blasted, I was so thankful that my family and I had shelter from the physical storm outside. I don't think I ever remember ever being so aware what a blessing having shelter was.
2. Taking my Mom to Costco. I had the chance to take my mom along to Costco and just knowing she really enjoyed it made me happy. My mom is in her '70's and suffering from all sorts of arthritis issues. It was nice that she was having a fairly good day and we could enjoy a nice Sunday afternoon with a little trip to Costco.
3. Lunch out with a friend. I had a chance to take my friend out for a little lunch for her birthday. It was so much fun and I had the best sandwich. Grilled chicken, avacado and brie sandwich with a ceasar salad. Yum!
4. The library. Oh how I love this place. It's sorta like a little getaway for me. I love to browse and just sit there and read with a cup of coffee from the coffee shop they have. And even though I have a basket full of books at home that I need to get through, I usually cannot seem to get away without finding another great read to take home.
5. Going to the lake. Before the insane weather hit yesterday I was really enjoying getting to the lake for a quick walk here and there. I'm hoping to make it at least 4 times a week. Another little get away right in my own neighborhood. It's lovely walking around it and here too, I love to sit and read or just enjoy people watching. And my furry friend loves it there too.
What were your favorites for the week? If you join us and do a post, please link up. I encourage everyone to go around and visit and meet some new people. It's amazing how encouraging it is reading what other's were blessed by in their weeks. By the way, I've gone back to the linky page that displays on another page when you click on it. I'm finding the one that lists right on the post won't display archive lists. And I can't figure out why. So I'll just do the simple thing and go back to the one I know will work the way I want. Also, quite a few of you asked for my salsa recipes and I said I'd post it. Please forgive me, I have no excuse other than to say I've forgotten. I will try to get to that this next week.