Friday, October 16, 2009

The Brain in a Fog Post

Well apparently I speak in staccatto when I'm in much pain. And much pain it was. So a 4 hour emergency trip, 1 x-ray, and 2 double shots of morphine within a hour and a half later, I am oh, so dozy. I have basically been asleep since 3 a.m. last night and my brain is still achy and it's like thinking through cotton batting. I did learn one thing, though. ER in real life is not the same as ER in the show. Yeah, not even close.

I was going to try to post 5 favorite things but I'm having trouble thinking through the coming off of morphine fog. So I'm going back to bed. My photohunt will autopost because, thank goodness, I had that done. I'll come around with a coffee hopefully tomorrow and visit you all, but I'm having to pass on the Fave Five for this week. I'm so bummed. But I know you all's will cheer me right up! Good night everyone.

8 comments:

Karyn said...

Susanne, I'm so sorry you are in such pain! Take care of YOU!

Anonymous said...

My friend...your health is more important than FFF. Besides when you get better then you can do a 10 question one to make up for it LOL. Get well real soon my friend :)

Barbara H. said...

I'm so sorry. What happened to set it off, or was it just one of those strange things?

One of my thoughts my first time in an ER was the exact same as yours -- that it is not at all like TV.

Hope you feel better soon.

ellen b. said...

Oye! I'm so sorry you had to endure that pain and the ER!! I'm glad you were able to get some relief. Rest well...

Carrie said...

Well, five things to be thankful for then, I guess:

1. Morphine

2. Morphine x 2

3. The ability to sleep

4. Gratefulness that you don't have to deal with the ER too often (I HOPE!)

5. A weekend to rest in.

I was actually thinking of you when I woke up this morning and was praying for your back and wondering how you were doing. Glad to see you pop up in my reader. I'll keep praying!

Finding Pam said...

I am so sorry that your back is giving you so much pain. You can't do anything when your back is out.

I will keep you in my prayers and I hope that your pain declnes.

Blessings,
pam

Anonymous said...

Susanne, dear, I hope you are not spending another second worrying about anything but resting and feeling better. Praying for you.

Islandsparrow said...

OH dear - I missed last FFF too - just because of crazy schedule not because of pain. I'm so sorry to hear that you're having a rough time - I hope it's better soon!

(My daughter agrees with you - she was in the hospital for tests and heard a code blue - she looked at me and said "Someone has to teach them how to do a code blue" and then proceeded to do one straight from the tv series ER. A lot more flare than the one in real life. :)