Hello and welcome to Friday's Fave Five. Thank you for coming by. I'm so sorry I am late with this. I just do not even have an excuse. (Hangs her head in shame with toe of shoe scractching the ground). This will be our last Fave Five before the holidays. We'll be back with it on Friday, January 2, 2009. Can you believe it? I just typed 2009! If you're new, welcome. Join in. You can find details here.
Now on with my five!
1. How can I not list Boomama's Christmas Tour of Homes? What fun it's been touring all your homes and seeing your lovely decorations that dolls up your houses for the holidays. I've gotten so many good ideas for next year. I've met new people which is always nice and your wonderful comments are like warm fuzzies. I was listed at five hundred and something so I made a decision that I would tour the five hundreds. At a leasurely pace. A few at a time. And it's been so fun. You all are so hospitable.
2. Warm, cozy sweaters. Have I mentioned that it's freezing here? Double digits in the minus end with a huge windchill on top of it? -11*F (-24*C) with a wind chill making it feel like -33*F (-36*C). -33! Insane! I love my soft winter sweaters.
3. Christmas stories. I love reading the kiddo's Christmas stories. While I don't emphasize Santa too much in the dayhome, there is so many wonderful Christmas stories out there to read to the kids. Nothing like snuggling with 6 little ones and reading to them.
4. Mandarin oranges. I love these things. When I was little they were only available a few weeks before Christmas and not much after. And they were very expensive. My mom used to buy a box and we were rationed to one a day. But my sister and I would find the hiding place and sneak extras out of the box. Which was always found out, somehow. How do mom's do that? :v)
5. Cozying up with a blanket, the fireplace turned on (yes, mine is electric) and the lights low so that the Christmas tree really stands out. It's so peaceful. I love reading, or just relaxing looking at the tree. Such a stress buster for me.
There are so many more this week. In spite of the busyness, this really is my favorite time of year. So I could let my list go on and on. But I know it's busy for everyone so I'll stop at the five and just wish you all a Very Merry Christmas. May you have a wonderful holiday with loved ones and friends full of the blessings of the Lord: Peace, Joy, Love and Laughter. May you pause and remember the reason for the season, Jesus. See you in a couple of weeks.
Don't forget to sign Mr. Linky so we can come and read your faves from the week.