Friday, August 15, 2008

Fave Five for Friday

Just because I'm all creative and all, and because it's Friday I thought I'd do a "Fave Five for Friday". And you'll never guess what it might be about! Five Favorite things from the week. It can be any ole thing that tickled your fancy from the past week. A favorite post, a picture that touched you, something your little one said. Anything! And if it takes off I might just get me a fancy button and everything! And learn how to put up a Mr. Linky. But for this week if you want to play along post your own Favorite Five from the week, link back here and then let me know in the comments that you've played .

And please play, because my self esteem will take a kicking if you don't, and I'll drown it in a rootbeer milkshake all weekend. I'm kidding. I will not put guilt upon you all for my indulgences.


Which brings me to my first favorite:


1. Root beer floats and milkshakes. I've had one of each this week. For shame. I'm not sure what kicked this off as I'm normally not a root beer fan. But ooh, boy, these have been hitting the spot this week.






2. Kraft Mandarin Orange with Sesame Dressing. Oh my word. Does this taste like summer or what! I don't know what made me buy it, but it just sort of jumped out at me in the dressing aisle. I had it last night over a salad of baby greens. Yummy!




3. Canadian Idol. My favorite summer indulgence. It's been so good this year! There was 5, count 'em, 5 Albertans in the top 20. Including our local singing waiter. Who is taking it by storm to raving reviews each week from the judges. Unfortunately this week, the last girl standing, from Southern Alberta, in the top 6, was eliminated, which was a total shock. She is amazing and has the purest, lovely voice. But if you AI fans are in total withdrawl over the summer I found a site that posts up each Canadian Idol performance for the week as well as the results show: Stuck in Idol. Go for it. Take a peek. We've got great talent here too! See if you can guess which is our singing waiter.


4. My favorite summer read so far this week has been "Scoop" by Rene Gutteridge. A fun, LOL read about an ailing new station that needs to bump it's self up in the ratings somehow. But what do you do when you have an aging anchor that is loved by the current viewership, a producer who is cool as a cucumber but from the wrong sources, an executive producer who cares about nothing but ratings and will sensationalize what he has to to get them, and a new young assistant who totally brings her faith into the workplace much to the consternation of some of those around her. When a reporter is attacked right while filming, it opens up a whole situation where circumstances and personalities come crashing to the surface in a hilarious and heart tugging manner as the characters are forced to look within themselves.

I so enjoyed this book I immediately went out and bought the second in the series to read as soon as I'm done the book I'm reading now.

5. Listening to the sprinkler running. I don't know why but this totally relaxes me. Love the sound and the smell and the coolness of it.
So, how about it join in and tell me your favorites from your week. Don't forget to link and tell me in the comments that you've done a post and I'll pop over and read it!

15 comments:

Hen Jen said...

oohh, the book sounds really good. I love a fun read. And the root beer floats, yum...it's been a while since I've had one of those. That might cancel out my run/walk thing I've got going tho.

happy Friday!

ellen b. said...

Oh what fun. I hope I can come up with 5 to post even though I should be packing up the car for our 4:30 am departure from Seattle to LA tomorrow...
Posting sounds so much more fun than packing...

Jen said...

I like making root beer floats....yum yum. And the sprinkler sounds is a good one too.

Cyndee@Riezzee's Place said...

I believe that I found five. I also liked yours, but wouldn't apply to this week.

Blessings

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

1. Seeing a movie with friends. 2. Seeing my daughter start school 3. Running a new milestone 4. Getting a book in the mail 5. Friday at 2 pm--leaving work, starting the weekend!

Michelle said...

Ohh Susanne a root beer float (check) milkshake not yet (maybe tonight) it's been a good week. park and day camp ;-) time for Mummy. I'll do a post later .

ellen b. said...

Ok reality check. I'll list my fave 5 here from this week.
1.Church with kids and home to eat Pioneer Womens Pork Shoulder soft taco style. 2. Dinner & Swimming with friends and family.
3.Shopping at Goodwill and other Thrift stores. 4. Watching sons working with their father. 5. watching Project Runway with the whole family. :0)

Laura said...

Hey I love this, great idea! I'm playing...I've just put up my fave fav on my site.

I adore that dressing too, yummmy!!!

HDMac said...

I needed this!

Barb said...

I turned the sprinkler system on yesterday afternoon for that very reason - I love the way it sounds and looks. LOL

Sandra said...

What a great idea Susanne :)

Anonymous said...

I also love the sound of running water. Any running water. We hav a creek outside along the side of our house but unfortunately it runs best when it is too cold to have the window open.

blessings, Penny Raine
http://www.pennyraine.com/blog

Anonymous said...

This sounds like fun!! I hope you'll continue it. I love root beer but miss floats since I can't eat ice cream any more.

Anna @ Feminine Adventures said...

What a great idea! I hope you continue... I'd love to join in this Friday. :)

Jen said...

I love this idea and root beer floats! I'm planning to play this week.