And please play, because my self esteem will take a kicking if you don't, and I'll drown it in a rootbeer milkshake all weekend. I'm kidding. I will not put guilt upon you all for my indulgences.
Which brings me to my first favorite:
1. Root beer floats and milkshakes. I've had one of each this week. For shame. I'm not sure what kicked this off as I'm normally not a root beer fan. But ooh, boy, these have been hitting the spot this week.
2. Kraft Mandarin Orange with Sesame Dressing. Oh my word. Does this taste like summer or what! I don't know what made me buy it, but it just sort of jumped out at me in the dressing aisle. I had it last night over a salad of baby greens. Yummy!
3. Canadian Idol. My favorite summer indulgence. It's been so good this year! There was 5, count 'em, 5 Albertans in the top 20. Including our local singing waiter. Who is taking it by storm to raving reviews each week from the judges. Unfortunately this week, the last girl standing, from Southern Alberta, in the top 6, was eliminated, which was a total shock. She is amazing and has the purest, lovely voice. But if you AI fans are in total withdrawl over the summer I found a site that posts up each Canadian Idol performance for the week as well as the results show: Stuck in Idol. Go for it. Take a peek. We've got great talent here too! See if you can guess which is our singing waiter.
4. My favorite summer read so far this week has been "Scoop" by Rene Gutteridge. A fun, LOL read about an ailing new station that needs to bump it's self up in the ratings somehow. But what do you do when you have an aging anchor that is loved by the current viewership, a producer who is cool as a cucumber but from the wrong sources, an executive producer who cares about nothing but ratings and will sensationalize what he has to to get them, and a new young assistant who totally brings her faith into the workplace much to the consternation of some of those around her. When a reporter is attacked right while filming, it opens up a whole situation where circumstances and personalities come crashing to the surface in a hilarious and heart tugging manner as the characters are forced to look within themselves.
I so enjoyed this book I immediately went out and bought the second in the series to read as soon as I'm done the book I'm reading now.
5. Listening to the sprinkler running. I don't know why but this totally relaxes me. Love the sound and the smell and the coolness of it.
So, how about it join in and tell me your favorites from your week. Don't forget to link and tell me in the comments that you've done a post and I'll pop over and read it!