I've been tagged by Lisa and by Jenny for a meme of 7 Random things about me. I'm not sure what I can mention that you all don't already know or discern from my site but I'll try to find something that you don't know.
1. I'm fascinated with the Apollo moon missions. Even as I type I'm watching a Discovery channel show about moon landing conspiracy theory. For a couple years I read tons of books about the different flights and what each accomplished in another step towards actually landing, the missions right on the moon, and about the different people who made it possible, including the astronauts. It blows my mind that they say my laptop has more power than the computers that put them on the moon back in the 60's and 70's. I'm fascinated by the courage, risk taking and motivation that caused these guys to risk their lives to do something that had never, ever been done. My favorite movie is still Apollo 13 and one of my favorite books that I've read a couple times already is "A Man on the Moon" by Andrew Chaikin.
2. I laugh at my own jokes. Hysterically. Or so says my 17 yr. old girl. In fact, she's told me this several times. She's probably right.
3. I so do not have a green thumb. Love the look of beautiful gardens, but I totally do not enjoy the work it takes to get it like that.
4. I loooove to cook, but dislike to bake. What is up with that?
5. I can't stand Diet or fat free anything. I bought a case of cherry vanilla diet pepsi thinking maybe I could switch to it, I couldn't even drink one can. The other 11 cans are still sitting in the fridge since last summer. The fat free stuff tastes sickeningly sweet to me.
6. I don't mind doing laundry but hate dusting and ironing.
7. Sewing gives me hives. Just kidding. But I seriously cannot sew. When I was pregnant with my first, I thought I'd be Susie Homemaker and sew a valence to decorate the room. Three straight seams, people. By the time I was done, I had given myself bursitis in my elbow, couldn't take any meds for it 'cause I was in my first trimester. It was awful. Even sewing a hem can cause me to break out in a sweat.
Now I'm supposed to tag 7 people. So who haven't I tagged for awhile? Hey you guys come back here and quite trying to hide. Okay I tag Linda, Ann, Jane, Flip Flop Mom, Rhonda, Shalee, & Cyndi.