Wednesday, August 16, 2006

WFMW 8 ~ Praying for your youth


This week's Works For Me Wednesday is something that really helps me out with my kids in praying for them. One of my heart's desires for my children is to develop Godly character early in their lives. I know they cannot do this without prayer and the help of the Holy Spirit. Therefore I was so thrilled to find this 31 day prayer chart entitled: "31 Character Traits and Virtues to Pray for Your(Our) Youth" .

Personally I get very overwhelmed when I look at the big picture of everything I need to pray for the youth of today. And, I hate to admit, sometimes I get so overwhelmed, that I do nothing. But this prayer chart breaks it down into 31 traits for 31 days of the month. That still gives me time in the day to pray for specific things my own children are going thru or need right at that specific time. I found this on someone's site when I first started to blog and have no idea where, I did not keep track. So if anyone knows who that might be please let me know and I will gladly give them credit and link them. The chart originally came from Mom's In Touch International.

To link specifically tothe chart and print yourself a copy go here. Being a list person, having a chart to help me lift my own and other's youth before the Lord works for me.

For other great ideas to make your day easier or to link to your own idea visit Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer.

18 comments:

Trisha said...

Thanks for sharing the list. Good to have something to refer to.

PS Your link at Rocks in my Dryer isn't working.

Anonymous said...

What a great chart, I'm going to use it. I think what made the biggest difference in my life was my mom's prayers for me.

Shawna said...

What a great tip! I will definitely check this out!

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

This is great, Susanne! I agree it can be overwhelming to think of all the things I want to pray about for my boys. This list is a great way to organize and implement my prayers for them. Thanks!

Girl Raised in the South said...

That is a great idea! Very doable for parents.

Sarah said...

What a great chart! I love that it has specific scripture references for each day. Praying the Word of God over our kids is powerful. Thanks for sharing this!

Shalee said...

Oh Susanne, do I need this chart! Thank you for sharing it with us so there will be more Christlike kids out there in the days to come.

PastormacsAnn said...

What a great help. It is easy to become overhelmed with all that our kids need. A good reminder too that we should "pray without ceasing" for ourselves and our kids.

Shawna said...

Hey, copyright info looks great!

Beck said...

Wow. That is a fantastic chart. I've never done structured praying like that before, but I really love the idea of it - I'm going to print out the chart and start doing it! Thank you!

Barb said...

It's a scary world out there for our kids today. I can't think of a single better thing anyone could do to protect them.

rena said...

What a great chart. Thanks! Think I'll use it as well.

Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

Thanks. Great works for me. Praying for our kids is so important. :>)

Katherine@Raising Five said...

Oh, yea! A list! Thanks!

Carol said...

I love this, Susanne! It's one list even I can joyfully follow. Thank you!

Overwhelmed! said...

Okay, I've printed off this list and will use it. Thanks so much for sharing! :)

I've posted a WFMW (alternate use for a pot rack) tip as well. Stop by and take a peek. :)

Brenda said...

I have that list posted on my office wall beside the window. I found it last year, and just had to print it out and pass it around to all the parents I know, including my own.

Lisa said...

Great idea!! Thank you for sharing the chart! :o)