Welcome Friday! Our time to pause and reflect and be grateful for the blessings and good things from our last week. Please join us in sharing your 5 favorites! I've had an exhausting week, it being the first week back after time off, so FFF is a good discipline otherwise the good stuff might get buried in the tiredness. Thanks for joining in with sharing 5 of your favorite blessings of thepast week.
~ Taber corn ~
It's that time!! The first couple of weeks of August brings the early varieties of Taber corn to the street stands. Peaches and Cream first and then Honeycomb. We bought a dozen honeycomb and they are disappearing fast. So delicious hot with butter and salt, Taber corn is so good we aslo eat it cold straight out of the fridge with nothing on it. Cooked of course. I love August simply for the fact it brings Taber corn fresh from the fields.
~ new glasses ~
This year was time for an eye check up and seeing my old frames were about 6 years old I went for new frames. The local optician I have dealt with for years retired and closed his store so I was leary of getting new lenses in old frames as no one will guarantee them anymore if you did not purchase with them and some places even charge an extra fee. I wanted something different than my last pair but nothing too crazy. Found these frames at C*stco and thought they fit what I was looking for nicely. I hate glasses shopping, it takes me forever to choose but C*stco was only the second place I looked and I found several frames I liked within a relatively short period of time and had these picked quickly. They were similar to another pair I found at my eye doc's store but almost less than half the price! I also found a pair for prescription sunglasses very quickly. So glad it didnt take me forever and a day like it usually does.
~ short work week ~
very thankful it was a short work week this week. Getting back into the routine of gettin up early is always tough for me. That one less day really helps.
~ adirondack chair ~
my very thoughtful hubby gifted me with a new foldable, adirondack chair after the cheaper one I had broke on me. So thankful for his thoughtfulness as I use it alot during the times I'm outside with the kids. This one is much sturdier and it folds we can store it better for the winter.
~ good day with the knee ~
after a not so good day with both knees on Wednesday, I am very thankful for a really good day yesterday. I don't know why some days are better than others but it's a blessing that the better ones are getting more prevelant than the painful ones. I'm rarely taking a pain med at this time so that is something to be very grateful for.
What were your favorite 5 blessings of the week?


.jpg)

I'm glad to hear that your knees are doing better. It's been beastly humid down here in New England and that always makes my aches and pains worse. That corn even looks good!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the quote you posted at the end.
ReplyDeleteWe don't get Tabor corn here of course but this week we've enjoyed a local farm's Sweet Corn...SOOOOO good. There's nothing like fresh corn on the cob piping hot and smothered with (vegan) butter!
I have the original kind of ADK chair (pine wood) so of course it has to stay onthe deck all winter with a tarp...but I sure love sitting in it in the early morning and the shade of the afternoon. Been far too hot and humid for being outside to read the last 2 days though. I'm hoping that changes come Sunday.
Well as you saw on my FB post, my right knee is NOT right. ugh. It feels like shin splints right under the knee cap and going down half the leg in front. I think I must have just done too much pavement pounding because walking on trails doesn't aggravate it..or even just the grass....I'm using your ice technique today and praying I can hike this major hike on Tuesday.
ENJOY the weekend!
Taber corn sounds so good. I wonder if they have that variety here. The glasses look nice on you! We have also found that frames for glasses are much less expensive at places other than the optician's store. My ophthalmologist has been working just two days a week for a couple of years now, so I imagine he'll be retiring soon. I dread finding a new one.
ReplyDeleteYay for short work weeks and better days with your knees. I have often wondered why healing is so up and down, better and then worse. Hopefully the good days will outnumber the bad soon.
That was thoughtful of your husband to get a new foldable Adirondack chair for you.
I have the toughest time picking frames...oye. I'm glad you found it less daunting and got them for a better price. I like the sound of your folding Adirondack. Have a good weekend.
ReplyDeleteI have a new knee as of February 2025, so know how difficult and painful the "old" one can be. It's great that you could have a good day or two. And. . .sweet corn. . ..here in SC it's over with by mid-July, but it is so very good while it lasts.
ReplyDeleteYour new glasses look so nice! I’ll have to check out Cos+co the next time I’m in the market.
ReplyDeleteI’m glad you had some relief from your knee pain. I get so frustrated when I have good and bad days with my feet and I can’t figure out what makes the difference.
Nice to have an abbreviated work week. And a new chair:)
I’m having trouble linking up again! I thought I figured it out, but will need to give it another go with Joe. :(
I forgot to say that shape frame looks good on YOU!!! I tried some on like that and my optician daughter said No mom. Here try these. and so what I have now is what I bought back in April :)
ReplyDelete