Welcome to Friday's Fave Fives. Every Friday we are pausing and choosing where to put our focus and that is on our blessings. No life is perfect. Things happen in every life that are hard and stressful. But every life also has blessings even if it's just making it through that day intact. Here we are training our hearts and minds to put the main focus on our blessings, being grateful to God for bringing them into our everyday lives. Please join us as we share five of our favorites from the past week.
~ air conditioning ~ I am so thankful for the blessing of air conditioning this week as it has been hot. For some of you, our hot is your norm, but for us this extended period of days that reach into the '90's is not what we are used to so I'm thankful for a cool house.
~ understanding dayhome parents ~ between my knee appointments and a couple of other things I've had to open late or close early a couple of times in the last couple weeks and I'm so thankful my dayhome parents have been supportive and understanding. I know it puts them out and I try and avoid closures as much as I can. So thankful for the families I have in my childcare.
~ visits with friends ~ I was blessed to have visits with a few friends I haven't seen in awhile. One has moved to another province and the other has had a lot going on in life and the third is a couple Hubby and I are friends with and we had dinner out. It was so nice to catch up and encourage one another. Thankful for friends that no matter the distance or time we can just be comfortable with when we get together.
~ books that make you think ~ I love when you pick up a book, whether non-fiction or fiction, and it makes you think. Whether it's the theme, the lessons, character growth or just specific quotes, I really like when something sticks with me with the books I read. I've had one of those kind of reads this week. While I started this book over a year ago, I was about 3/4 of the way through when I ran into about 50 missing pages. The publishing company replaced it for me right away but I just kind of ran out of steam to pick it up again. Well this last month I determined to start it again and I'm so glad I did. So much treasure in it.
~ carbonated water ~ I usually drink the flavored sparkling waters and definitely have favorites in those flavors but both Hubby and I have really been enjoying the one pictured below that we found at C*stco. It's under their brand name but apparently imported from Italy. Who knows, but we both find it super thirst quenching ice cold on these hot days and like it better than plain tap water and any other brand of inflavored carbonated water we've tried.





I am going to look up that book. I've been looking for something good to read and I'm not that into fiction anymore.
ReplyDeleteHaving air conditioning is definitely a blessing in the hot weather - we rely on fans and opening/closing windows and blinds depending on where the sun is during the day. I hope your knee is improving. Always good to catch up with friends. Have a good weekend Susanne.
ReplyDeleteI am immensely thanlful for AC, too. That's so good that your dayhome parents are understanding and flexible. Visits with friends are so refreshing. I like thought-provoking books, too.
ReplyDeleteAmen to the quote!!
ReplyDeleteAnd YEs YES YES to flavored sparkling water with no sugar. I love the Waterloo brand and Bubbly. My current fave flavor is Cherry Lime. I'm obsessed with it. haha
There's nothing like getting together with good friends and also nothing like central air when those days get into the high 80s and 90s with the high humidity. We had that all last week and this past week just one day of it, thankfully. We are not used to many days being over 90 with 90% humidity here in eastern NY so I totally get what you're saying. (it was like that my whole summer growing up in central NY, which is another reason I moved to eastern NY!)
Thanks again for your caring email and that quote. I'm going to show it to my good friend who has been my prayer support through this time. Enjoy the weekend
Well, you are right. Here in the SUNNY (and very hot) south, we don't understand what such lovely weather would be like. :-) We roast and broil for about four months until relief comes! Hope you can get help with your knee issues soon. I had a replacement in February '25, and it brought great relief!
ReplyDeleteThat is nice that they replaced your book. I got a package that was damaged the Scrapbook.com replaced the damaged paper and let me keep the damaged paper that can be used in part. Good that your daycare family works with you. Stay cool and enjoy your reading!
ReplyDeleteOur weather has been similar to yours. The AC is a welcome relief, in our home, our cars, we come to take it for granted.
ReplyDeleteI think I’m still having trouble with Mr. Linky. I signed up twice, so delete what you wish. I need to have my son come over and help me :(
Oh yes, AC is truly a blessing.
ReplyDeleteSpending time with friends is great, too. I'm glad you had three different groups to visit with.
Your daycare families are kind and caring. And I'm sure you are the same with their children. They appreciate you, too.
We had a one week break from the very hot weather up to 38° and in some other cities even 40°C ! We are not equipped for such temperatures and lots of people got sick. Next week we are again in the 30°C of course without A/C. I make it the Italian way, I leave the windows open the whole night and mornings, and then I close everything. Curtains closed, windows closed so I manage to have 24 to 26°, which is bearable, but then I miss the sun !
ReplyDeleteThese last couple of weeks have definitely made me even more thankful to A/C. Glad you have understanding parents of your dayhome kids. Hope you are having a relaxing weekend.
ReplyDelete