My 15 year old's comment after I told her to make sure she dresses warm with socks and good shoes 'cause there were inches of snow on the ground:
"That's just rude!"
I agree, girly, I agree.
-----------------
So the big news in Alberta is the 32 year old fella who got laid off a couple of weeks ago, went and bought a lotto ticket to try and win a little something to help him through. Well, the winners were announced and I'd say the 41.7 million dollars should help him squeak by quite nicely.
I could use a little something myself. My chances however, I'm told, are pretty much zip. They tell me I have to buy a ticket to win. Well, geez.
------------------
I finished this book yesterday. Oh. my. word. What a great story. Talk about pulling on every emotion. I can hardly wait to get his other book. If you want to see my review, it's on my book blog "For the Love of Reading". Just scroll on down to #17. I can't believe I've already read 17 books this year. I seem to be landing on some really great stories that I just can't put down. I've even finished a few non-fiction books. Which, let me tell you, is a miracle. I've found a couple new favorite authors, too. Reading is my passion. Now to just figure out a way I could get paid for it. :v)
HURRAY! You liked The Silent Gift. That was one incredible book, wasn't it?!
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, I can see how snow on the ground would be rude. =)
Indeed snow on the ground would be rude. Was this the one yesterday where he bought the ticket at L&L? That's a company from Hawai"I They serve great food. I heard he wanted chicken katsu.
ReplyDeleteIf you ever find a way to get paid for reading books, please let me know. I could make a tidy sum!
ReplyDeleteIt would be so nice to be paid for reading and reviewing!
ReplyDeleteI hope that snow goes away soon!
My hubbie told me about that guy that one and he said "oh I was so close!" meaning distance. LOL but not close enough :)
ReplyDeleteAFter I read your review I went to the library to try to find "the Silent Gift'...I couldn't! so...I may have to break down and buy that one.
ReplyDeleteI just finished one called The Weight of Silence which isn't on my original Spring Reading Thing list but....once I started it I just could not put that one down!
Snow on the ground?? ICK...here i have cherry blossoms on the ground. because of yesterday's wind!
Hope you have a great evening!!
I just saw your comment on Clover Lane, and I love meeting bloggers who have older kids. My eldest is 15 but I'm always looking to learn about what is down the road. A Canadian to boot.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day,
Dana
Thanks for coming by my blog; it is nice to meet you. Snow? the middle of May? I like snow but not in May. I love the South!
ReplyDeleteI didn't know Michael Landon was an author. Another book to go on my reading list.
OK I thought I was doing good by reading 5 so far this year! I'm just the opposite, I've read 2 fiction books this year and that is a miracle! Rarely read fiction. Hope to see you tomorrow at fave five, but I don't have a post ready yet!
ReplyDeleteYep. Snow in May is pretty rude. So sorry! Glad you are having such a great time reading :-)
ReplyDelete