Friday, November 17, 2017

Friday's Fave Five #456



Welcome to Friday's Fave Fives, where thankfulness takes the forefront.  Please join us as we look for blessings and good things from the past week and share 5 of them.

~Extra day off~  Because Remembrance Day fell of Saturday this year I got Monday off in leiu of.  It was really nice to have that extra day of rest.  A little sleeping in, a little extra reading and computer time, an extra chore or two done.  Was a great day.

~Painful tooth gone~  While this may not seem like the best of blessings, when one has basically had an ongoing tooth ache for about a year and a half to two years (even after an expensive root canal!), it is so nice to finally be pain free.  I tried a new dentist and found her to be really kind and compassionate which was awesome.

~Caring friends ~ I've had a few friends check on me to make sure everything went okay with the dental appointment.  Such a small thing, these texts and calls were, but they sure did make my day and made me feel cared for.  I pray I am that way for other people too.

~Dentist ordered milkshake for supper~  Gotta love when the dentist's aftercare instructions are to have only warm broths, ice cream and milkshakes (no straws allowed!) on the first day.  Like my daughter said, when the doctor orders it becomes void of calories!  LOL.

~New dayhome family signed on~  It's been a stressful 4 months trying to replace 4 of 6 child care spots in my dayhome.  Children leaving all within a month of each other for school, parent transfers, parents staying home and pregnant mommas really put a hole into the numbers.  But a couple wonderful families have signed on one to start December and one January so it's a nice staggered start.  Whew.  Only one more spot to fill.

What have been your favorite blessings this week?






6 comments:

Faith said...

oh praise God your tooth pain is finally gone!! That is a LONG time to have teeth issues! Love what your daughter said about the ice cream calories!! 😉 And having friends check in on you is a special blessing indeed!

i will pray you get that last spot filled in your daycare!!

i used my day off Friday to make a dent in my Christmas shopping and finish the OCC boxes!! sounds like you had a great day.

enjoy this weekend doing the things you love.

Barbara H. said...

How nice to have an extra day off! And nicer still to have a painful tooth removed and sweet friends to check on you about it. I agree, a doctor-ordered milkshake should be free of calories! So good to hear you got some new "customers!"

Willow said...

Being finished with a dental appointment is a fave with me! I'm glad yours is done. And, ohh, a calorie free milk shake! I'm in! Did you know that if you break a cookie in half before you eat it, all the calories leak out?

Good news on getting the day care home kids lined up for next month.

Karen said...

So glad you are feeling better! And, I agree with your daughter, no calories if the doctor orders it.

A day off sounds nice, and filling that day home spot is good news for sure.

Hope you are enjoying the weekend, Susanne!

Kathie said...

Glad you had that tooth taken care of finally - toothaches are the worst!

And milkshakes for supper? So yummy. We have an old-fashioned diner that makes milkshakes in the metal containers - they are to die for. I don't even want to think about how many calories are in them . . . :)

Glad your day-home spots are getting filled.That's a relief.

Hope you have a great weekend Susanne!

nikkipolani said...

I love the "new math" when it comes to calorie calculations. Glad you got to enjoy some after a successful dental visit. And congrats on nearing the end of those stressful months of not enough kids! I've been several months without adequate staff, and while the strain is different, it is wearing. May God bless you with abundance in all the right places :-)