Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. The last one for the month of August. So hard to believe I just typed that. In my mind, this first day of September officially closes the books on summer and we are in fall. Today is going to a tough one for me. After having a little princess since she was 1 years old, I will be saying goodbye to her as she heads off to new adventures in elementary school. But the was lots of good things this week just waiting to be acknowledged. Join us as we look for blessings in this last week of August.
1. Avon Orange Honeysuckle Bubble Bath. And oddly enough I haven't yet used it in the bath once. But I love to clean with Avon bubble bath. I think I've mentioned that before. This was a new scent for me and I love it's freshness. Makes the whole kitchen smell lovely and leaves everything sparkly clean.
2. A Massage Therapist who really knows their stuff. I've had an aching knee and leg for almost 2 weeks. It's messed with my days and my sleep. It's caused me to avoid any leg exercises at the gym and I haven't even been able to wear my new heals, darn. LOL. But seriously it has been a royal pain. As I knew she would, my massage lady, figured out what was the cause and after a good massage on the offending area she gave me stretches to do and my knee feels back to normal! Who knew that knotted muscles in one area could cause the muscles around the knee to pull on the knee pulling on it and cause one's gait to be wrong?
3. Surprise lunch from my hubby. A nice little treat that just lifts the day. It's always fun to to receive a surprise lunch on a busy day. It lets me know he's thinking about me.
4. The right person in the right place at the right time. Yesterday, while cutting an apple for snack, I gave myself a pretty nasty cut. I was debating with myself whether I should call someone to take the dayhome while I ran to emergency to see if I needed stitches. But then it dawned on me that my next parent was coming within the next 10 minutes or so and she happened to be a nurse and could take a look at it and let me know what she thought. Now this parent usually doesn't do the morning drop off, her hubby does a few hours earlier than this time, so it was a real blessing that on this particular day she just happened to be coming at that particular time. She determined that though the cut was bad she didn't think I needed to go get stitches. She patched me up and saved me possibly hours sitting in emergency for something that was not needed!
5. Today is the start of a long weekend here in Canada. August always seems a bit long as there is less routine to work and there's always some kids missing with holidays which for me kinda makes the days seem longer. I am looking forward to this long weekend to relax and rejuvinate before we get back to more of a regular schedule. I plan on lots of reading, maybe a walk or a bike ride, maybe trying a new recipe and just going with the flow.
What were your favorite blessings of the week?