Welcome to the first FFF of summer 2017. Did I just write that? Wow the first 6 months of this year have just flown by! All the more reason to pause and remember the blessings of the week lest they pass right on by unnoticed. Please join in. For first timers the guidelines link is in the sidebar.
1. Celebrations. This year our anniversary and Father's day coincided so we went out for a lovely steak dinner on Friday night to celebrate our anniversary saving Sunday to do Father's day. I can't believe it's already been 34 years but I talked about that last week already. :) Sunday we celebrated the Dads with my side of the family going to another restaurant of my dad's choice. My out of town kids gave their Dad a nice phone call and then later Hubby and I just relaxed together and took a nice walk to Starbucks. It was a wonderful day all around and I'm very thankful both for hubby as a husband and father and for the other Dads in the family.
2. Hot sprinkler day weather. It's been hot enough for most of the week to turn on the sprinkler and let the kids have some water fun. Our favorite day was when I just sprayed them with the hose as they ran around screaming and hiding and laughing. So much fun.
3. Coconut Curry Chicken. Over the last year or so I've really developed a liking for Indian food. Friends of our introduced it to us via local restaurants and the odd taste of something here and there. I find it wonderfully fragrant and spicily delicious. Costco has carried this brand of butter chicken cooking sauce for awhile. I've been using it awhile because I love the flavors of butter chicken and I thought it would be nice to make a quick meal adding cooked chicken and rice and veggies. When I went to pick it up last shopping trip I noticed they now had a coconut curry sauce. So I grabbed that one too (though they don't as of this date have it on their website yet). Oh my goodness, it was delicious and didn't taste like a jarred item at all. It was spicy, though it only rated the heat at 3/5, but a really good spicy. Every one really loved it so it's going to definitely be a go to on the meal plans when I need something quick. It's nice to have something other than spaghetti sauces to make a quick meal on those busy work days when I don't have time to cook something that takes a long time.
4. Study wrap up and resources. I combined this fave because they kind of go together. First, Tuesday was my small group's last official study night before summer break. The last few months we have been studying the book of Jonah using the Right Now Media study resources. It has been such a great study. Who knew that there was so much to learn from the book of Jonah? Not me before this study. The insight from the lessons was so good and the discussion the questions initiated so rich. I love that my group participates so well. And I'm thankful for this resource that adds so much to our studies. We've now done two of them and I'm looking forward to starting yet another in the fall.
5. Clutter clear out. Hubby and I tackled one of our dresser drawers. It has been a drawer that has driven me crazy for years and we finally got to it. And just determined to do a quick sort, make quick decisions on stay or go. Hubby said looking at it was overwhelming and that's why it's been ignored for so long but once we got rolling it was actually easy and we got rid of a good 1/3 of the stuff clogging it up. I let go of another 3 pairs of shoes that I finally realized I don't really wear because I either don't like them or they aren't comfortable. If you know me and shoes you'll know that is a big deal especially in light of all the ones I let go a few months ago too. Why is decluttering so hard to get too yet feels so good when it's done?
What were your favorite blessings from the last week?