Welcome to the first Friday's Fave Five of December. Did I really just type that? My goodness I can't believe the last month of the year is upon us and Christmas is just around the corner. With all the parties and festivities and extra chores and to do lists that characterize this month, it's an especially good time for me to purposefully push the pause button and reflect on the blessings of the week. Won't you join me and share 5 of them?
1. Cheesy Christmas movies. Bring them on. I don't know why I like them so much. I don't watch movies like that any other time of year, but a couple times a week during the Christmas season, I just really like them.
2. Christmas music. Having Christmas music playing and in the background as the kids I play is really nice. And it's been fun doing a little singing with them. Love the Christmas music.
3. Hot Cocoa and Cream candle. Oh my goodness, it smells so delicious. I grabbed it on a whim when it was on sale at Bath and Body because they didn't have another favorite: Sugar Cinnamon Doughnut. And I'm really, really liking it!
4. And speaking of Bath and Body Works...their sales! From the candles that were only $13 to Signature Collections on for 6 for $30 plus an extra $10 off when I spent $30 I was able to get stocking stuffers and gifts for friends and the Ladies Study Christmas Party at wonderful prices. I love to give and this makes it super affordable.
5. Grabbing moments to rejuvenate. So I don't get too stressed I've been trying to be in the moment more and enjoy what is going on around me instead of stressing through it thinking about everything that needs to be done. What gets done will get done and what doesn't, c'est la vie. I've also tried to just make sure I take moments of down time, even if it's it only a few minutes, as the opportunities present themselves.
What are your favorite blessings from the week?