Welcome to FFF, a place where we push the pause button on our hurried days and just look back over the week to find and acknowledge them. Please join us. If you are new the guidelines are linked in my sidebar!
1. Some sunshine! This has been the rainiest year I remember in a long time. Everynight it seems we have thunderstorm warnings. The ground is so saturated it prompted Environment Canada to put out a rainfall warning the other day too. Since coming back from holidays it just seems like we are having more cloud and less sun that goes through our day. But yesterday was an almost full day of lovely sunshine. It was so nice just to be out in it playing with the kids and enjoying the warmth. A welcome blessing. I don't think I would be suited to some of these cities that regularly see a lot of rain and cloud.
2. Summer to do list. The great summer to do list began a few weeks ago as I prep for my maintenance week. It's a week that I take off so I can get all those jobs done that can't get done with 6 little kidlets running around my feet. Things like carpet cleaning, painting, toy repair, etc., etc., etc. But I look at that long list today and I actually have a couple of things already crossed off due to lots of kids being on holidays. It's a great feeling to have a jumpstart on a very busy, not so favorite week of chores that must be done.
3. Trying a new food item. Nowadays it seems there is always a new something in the produce departments at the grocery store. This last week I found a thing called doughnut peaches. When I first glanced at them beside the regular peaches I though a few peaches had not grown properly due to be squished out on the tree but then I saw the sign: Doughnut peaches. At double the price, no less, of the regular ones. My curiosity peaked, I bought one each for me, Hubby and Tamara. The did NOT taste like doughnuts. LOL. But they were very juicy, very sweet, and very mild in flavor. I think a little too mild for my tastes. I think for the price I'll stick with the regular peaches. But they were fun to try.
4. TBR (to be read) reading list knock off. At the library last trip I came across a book that has been on my tbr list for a very long time. This list of mine on my library account is nearing the 400 mark. Yes, it's not a typo, it is nearing 400. Yikes. And I just keep adding at a rate that is exponentially higher than the ones I am actually reading of them. So many books so little time and all that. But when I saw this one just sitting there I nabbed it and in spite of the fact that it is not in my set reading challenge for the year (which is to read as many of the books that I buy this year and half of last year that I can) I made time for it. And it was a great read. Now I can check mark that one off my list. Maybe my next year's challenge will have to be to read mostly my library tbr list. Hmmmm, something to consider. So hard not to get distracted with all those lovely books lining the shelves at the library!
5. This quote by Lysa TerKuerst (from this post)
So, I must let love guide me.
Love can empower me to feel hurt without becoming a person consumed by that hurt …
I can feel offended, but I don’t have to be offended.
I can feel insecure, but I don’t have to act insecure.
I can feel angry, but I don’t have to respond in anger.