Welcome to the first FFF of August! I can't believe the summer is half over already. At least the way I think of summer. Come September 1, I already think of that as fall even though technically there is 3 weeks to go of summer. Anyway, moving on to FFF. Please join us as we reflect on the blessings in our lives from the past week.
1. Back to the gym. Though we did do lots of walking on our vacation, it was nice to get back to a routine where I actually challenged my muscles a bit. I was so laid back on vacation that I was good and ready to get to it.
2. Quiet evenings have been appreciated this week by me. The transition back to work always is a bit tough with getting my sleep hours back to routine. The quiet evenings have been wonderful to just get things like laundry done, and get organized for work. That is going to end with a very full week coming up so I was very thankful for this opportunity of easing into busyness.
3. Star Trek with friends. Before we went on vacation we made a movie date with good friends who also like the new Star Trek franchise movies. Coffee before and lots of popcorn later, we enjoyed the show and the company.
4. Coconut Mocha Macchiato from Starbucks. This is one of their newer summer drinks and I discovered it just before holidays. I get mine half sweet and it is just delicious. And cold. Yum. I've been trying to be a very good girl and only get them as a once in awhile treat as I'm really trying to cut way back on my sugar intake, but sometimes I just have to treat myself.
5. Short work weeks. Monday was a holiday so that makes this a short work week. Gotta love those. Especially when the weekend will be busy. I'll be helping out my friend prep some stuff tonight for her daughter's wedding tomorrow. It's in their gorgeous backyard so there is lots to be done. Our girls were friends as teens and I can hardly believe the both of them are married this year. Time does fly and the whole thing is making me feel a bit nostalgic.
What were your favorite blessings this week? I hope you all have a wonderful weekend doing things you love and being with folks you love.