Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. Time to look back over the week and find the blessings. Those that are obvious and those a bit more hidden. Join us in sharing 5 of them. If you are new, please read the guidelines linked in the sidebar.
1. Really, really loved this post. She put to words so well how I sometimes feel. It's not always the big grand stuff (though that is fun and also needed) or the stuff that societal norm tells us should be a great relationship (tough there is great advice out there) but it's in the connecting and bonding, sometimes in the everyday of where we are in our lives at this time. And if we're grumping that the situation is not matching our great expectations all the time we could totally miss the blessing that is laid out before us.
2. Eat your vegetables chips. My new favourite snack. Yum!
3. Homemade soup. Ever since I was a kid I've loved homemade soup of pretty much any kind. This week I took a turkey carcass left from our last turkey dinner and made a big batch of turkey soup. I put spiral pasta in to make it a bit more substantial and made some Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits. Delicious warming dinner on a cold rainy day.
4. Hiding at home weekend. I really, really needed just to hole up at home, not go anywhere, not have any responsibilities. The only place I went was to the gym and to get a few groceries. The rest of the time I just putzed around doing this and that, reading lots, watched a couple of movies. It was just thing to get me rejuvenated.
5. Friends with big hearts and listening ears. Such a blessing to find those who are there to listen when you need it and encourage you on. I never take that for granted.
What were your 5 favourite blessings of the last week?