Hello everyone! Welcome to Friday's Fave Five! I am so glad that I have this pause to take note of some good blessings in my life. The days seems to be whizzing by and I find I am running to keep up so it's a good thing for me to deliberately be looking for the good in my life or those little things might just pass me by. Please join me and the other faithful FFF group! The link to the guidelines is in the sidebar.
1. Tea with my Mom. My mom still lives in her home at the age of 83 years old. Amazing. There is a senior centre close by that she goes to in the daytimes when she feels like company but they are closed on the weekends. I know Sundays are really a difficult time for her in the feeling lonely department so we try to have her over to our house for Sunday lunch as much as possible. This last Sunday I just had some other things to get caught up on so that didn't happen but Hubby, T and I popped over for a cup of tea in the evening. The blessing was seeing how giddy with excitement she was. I didn't realize how much it makes her happy to have us come over for a tea or coffee. We'll have to try to do that more often too.
2. A total relax day. Saturday was cold and I was feeling right lazy after a hectic week. Hubby was awesome and just encouraged me to have a total relax day. I never have those. The only time I went out was to the gym for a great workout. Then I just came home and got cozy under a furry blanket, kept my coffee cup filled and read. Hubby made homemade popcorn just the way I like it with half butter and half extra virgin olive oil and lots of salt. I know, totally unhealthy, but totally indulgent. We watched a movie together and made a point of no chores. It was heaven!
3. Dinner out with friends at an Indian restaurant. I have never experienced East Indian cuisine in an actual East Indian restaurant. It was awesome. A new favourite added to my list. The coconut rice was to die for as was the naan bread. Oh my goodness, I could have just eaten that naan bread dipped into the sauce of my main dish until I exploded. So good! I had the Lamb Rogan Josh and Hubby had the Kali Mirch with beef which was peppery and also delicious. Yummy! Love the adventure of trying new Cuisines!
4. Reading experience with Anne. This month I've been reading Anne of Avonlea. I have loved the tv movies of Anne of Green Gables starring Megan Follows since it first came out in the '80's. In fact when my girls were younger we used to have a once a year Anne of Green Gables marathon where we stayed up all night and watched then all back to back. Such a great memory to share with them. But I had never READ Anne of Green Gables until I read the first book a couple of years ago. I know. Seriously! So last year when the Anne series of books (8 of them) was sold at costco I grabbed a set and determined I was going. to read then all. So far I've really been enjoying following Anne along in the book. And had I have realized it was written in 1909 I so would have read one last year and thereby fullfilled one more category off that crazy challenging Reading Challenge of 2015 by checking off a book written more than a hundred years ago.
5. Reading time with dayhome kids. In thinking of the "little" blessings in my everydays I realized that the time in the day when I read to the preschoolers is one of the favourite parts of my day. I love passing on the love of reading to little ones!
What have your favourites blessings and good things been this week?