The countdown is on. A measly four more sleeps until Christmas Day (and let's just throw in my daughter's birthday too just for fun). And how am I doing on the never ending list of to-do's you may ask? Well let's just bullet point this out and see.
- Gifts...the gifts are mostly bought, just my mom's is left and I think I'll send her a lovely Christmas bouquet. She loves flowers. And one more little one for hubby I'll pick up tonight. Call it done.
- Wrapping...Still working on that. I bought what looked like the most lovely paper from the dollar store only to get it home and find that it's a really odd flimsy foil thing that definitely is making the wrapping a somewhat interesting challenge. Add in being constantly interrupted by one child or another and, yeah. It's a ongoing work.
- Groceries...got the Costco run done yesterday. Superstore tonight and then I'm not darkening another store's doorstep for at least a week! I am so done with crowds. I'll send someone else to go get the fresh buns and T's bday cake on Christmas eve day.
- Baking...Hahahahahaha. Ahem. Yeah, haven't even started that. I think I'm mostly unmotivated because I've pretty much cut sugar and sweets out, hubby totally has, and I just don't want all the temptation. I do, however have to get on making the caramel thingies I give as gifts. Keeping my fingers crossed I can overcome eating the edges as I go.
- Christmas cards...yeah...not happening this year :(
- Turkey...we are trying a fresh turkey for the first time ever. Yikes at the price! But we want to see if the extra dollars is worth the ease of cooking (no thawing for days) and most importantly the taste. I'm still trying to decide whether to try brining. Anyone got any thoughts or good recipes on that?