Well the Christmas button is up and I just can't believe it is that time! Yikes where has the fall gone? I am so not ready at all. It's a good thing I have FFF to keep me grounded and at least let's me know when it's Friday and gives me pause to notice the blessings that may otherwise just go unnoticed or unacknowledged in my life. Please join in!
1. Dishwashers. As I sit here the dishwasher is humming away cleaning up the never ending dirty dishes. I am so thankful for that appliance I can't even express. I go through a lot of dishes in a day between the dayhome and my family and that baby saves me a whole lot of time. We usually try to load it as we go throughout the day so that at the end of the evening I just turn it on and voila, clean dishes in the morning.
2. Hard working, pot scrubbing hubby. Another thing I am very thankful for is that my dear hubby scrubs the pots pretty much every single night. Only rarely do I take that chore on. He has taken it upon himself without me asking quite a few years back. So thankful for that.
3. The big 2 annual responsibilities from the fall over and done! Fall is always super busy for me with Operation Christmas Child and also being the Silent Auction/Door Prize Donation Co-ordinator for our annual Ladies Christmas Party at church. The second is a huge job that takes quite a bit of time and perseverence and they both happen to go on at the same time so it's always a huge relief come the last Friday in November when the evening is done and it is in the books for another year.
4. A few extra minutes in the mornings. I don't know where they've been coming from but I'll take 'em. Mornings for me can tend to be rushed especially in the fall and winter. I am so not a morning person and getting up in the dark is tough stuff for me. So a couple of extra minutes just to focus myself before the chaos of the day starts is such a blessing. A few minutes in the Word or a devotional, a few extra sips of coffee and just a big breath before that first knock on the door is like gold.
5. Grapes. My favourite fruit and this week I picked a good bunch. I think they are the sweetest and juiciest red grapes I've ever had. I've been savouring them like candy they are so sweet. Yum!
What have been your favourites this week?