Good Morning! It's Friday today and that means time to look, recognize and be thankful for the good things, the blessings, the things that uplifted us during the week. Please join us even if you are having a hard week. This week for me was super busy and a bit stressful and it was easy for me to get bogged down in negativity...but the FFF helps me to get past all that and take note that there was good in the midst of all that! Please join in!
So in no particular order
1. Jalepeno Cheese Bagels. A silly one but seriously one of my favourite treats. And the Costco here and the Tim Horton's both make excellent ones. Of course, it needs to be toasted and spread with garlic herb cream cheese! Sometimes for breaky, sometimes for lunch. Yum. Better stop talking about it now 'cause I am out of them at the moment.
2. Last batch of tomatoes from the garden. This last week we enjoyed the last of the tomato crop from my 3 plants in my mom's garden. It has been plentiful and so delicious. It doesn't compare to the sad, unripe, tasteless ones in the store. I will miss them, for sure.
3. Movie night out with the ladies bible study. We skipped out of the study and went and saw War Room on study night instead. It may not have been in the Hollywood block buster category but it was a good film and provided for much conversation afterwards. I love when a movie does that.
4. A gift from a friend. Just when I needed some encouragement a friend (from study group) handed me a totally unexpected and most precious gift. It was a real lifter upper, if there is such word, for me. I don't know what I would do without good friendships in my life or my study group ladies. Over and over I'm shown we cannot do this life alone and how important connections with others beyond surface aquaintance-ship is.
5. Tea in the evening. As the evenings get cooler, the tea pot calls my name. I really enjoy a nice hot cup of tea in the evenings. I've really gotten to love the loose leaf kind and have several varieties to choose from. Organic Peppermint is a favourite stand by but I've also been enjoying Lemon Meringue and Bluberry Lagoon. Pina Colada and Creamsicle is next on my list to try. It's relaxing and fragrant and cozy.
What were your favourite blessings this week?