Hello and Welcome! So sorry I am up late with the FFF linky. I am so mixed up on my days this week! It didn't hit me until I was waking up this morning that today is Friday and not Thursday as I was thinking it was going to be. But with all the time in the world to reflect...or not... it is still a good thing to look for the good things, the blessings in our lives from the past week. Thanks for being so faithful with me! I'll give it a start and put up the Linky but will probably have to come back a little later this morning to finish my own post.
1. A ladies evening out. My friend and I went to a local decor design store which also carries an awesome little section full of scarves, jewellry, stylin' rubber boots and purses. They were having a ladies event and had a scarf stylist there to teach how to wear some of the different scarves. Plaid is really in the thing this fall and winter apparently. Lots of fun. I went to get a plaid scarf, love plaid, but ended up with something totally different but lovely all the same. And the prices were reasonable, not something I was expecting from a design store. And even though I drooled over several of the purses, you will be so proud of me that I walked out of there with nary a one. But the blessing was in the time spent with my friend and the chat over tea afterwards.
2. A last hurrah day trip to Waterton. The mountains are my happy place as I've mentioned several times before on the blog. But shock of all shocks, I have never been there in the fall. I know it's the very beginning of fall right now but there was still some lovely turning of the leaves. It was a perfect day with perfect weather. Did some walking of trails we've never tried before though it was a tiny bit nerve wracking because it is bear season where bears are bolder looking for berries to gorge on stocking up for their hibernation. One path we took, Cameron Lake, even has a grizzly area sign at the beginning of the path. We were fairly confident though, that we wouldn't run into one as the path was soooo busy.
Look, Faith, how would you love to kayak here?!
Cameron Lake - Wateron Lakes National Park
I can never get enough of the gorgeous scenery at Waterton Lakes National Park!
3. Ladies Group kick off. My ladies bible study group takes a break over the summer so it was really nice to get back with these ladies. They are so much fun and it's a great privilege getting to lead this group. We had a potluck dinner which is always delicious. I'm looking forward to all we'll learn and explore this year out of the Word of God.
4. Cool nights and sunny days. This is the way I love it. The nights cool off, though, it has been quite crisp this last week. All of Alberta had a frost warning out the other night, but I don't mind. The days warm right back up. It's definitely layered dressing time. Fall is my favourite season.
5. And speaking of fall season, the fall scents, are definitely a fave with me. Everything from the smell of the air, the falling leaves, and of course fall scented candles. My current fave that I'm burning is Pumpkin Apple from Bath and Body Works.
What are your favourites from the last week?