Hi everyone. Welcome to September's first Friday's Fave Five. It is definitely feeling fallish here right now. It is getting colder at night and boy it's darker in the morning when I get up. I'm already closing curtains around 8:30 as it's getting dark so soon now. How did that happen so fast? But there's still good things I can be thankful for even though getting up in the dark is not it. LOL. So let's find some of the blessings. Please join in! Guidelines are linked in the sidebar.
1. Meals fresh from the garden. Okay, not my garden but still fresh from a garden! Potatoes, beets and beet tops from my friend and neighbor. Ox heart tomatoes from my mom, roma tomatoes and yellow tomatoes from my plants that are planted at my mom's. We have so many tomatoes we've enjoyed toasted tomato sandwhiches several times. I've made pico de galo for the first time. Can we say yum to the freshness and so easy. (Recipe coming). We've literally just been slicing them up to eat as a snack. And the potatoes!!! What's better than fresh dug potatoes with butter and fresh parsley. Yum!! This is the first time ever I've tried beet tops, and though I must admit they weren't to my tastes so much, they sure made a pretty picture! LOL. But I'm gonna love making borsht out of them.
2. A nice week getting back to fall routine. While I love summer and the freedom and casualness it gives, I am glad to get back to fall routine. Especially in dayhome with the kids. It somehow just anchors the day better.
3. My library online. How I love this bonus from our library system. I can browse, I can put on hold, read and write reviews and rate books. I can build shelves: in progress, for later and completed. There is magazines, e books, and on and on and on. How did we survive without this little feature of the library even 10 years ago?
4. Evening walks. Even though last night was colder, some of evenings have been lovely for taking a nice walk. Getting up and out into some fresh air, clears my head from the day, and getting moving instead of sitting around makes me feel better. Hope they continue on into the fall.
5. Lime body wash. A real waker upper! Love that smell!
What have your favourites been this week?